Wrestling

MITB has been great so far.
Wrestling is just so much better with fans. Big, big miss the past year.

1 Like

To anyone who watches this PPV today, please avoid spoilers. That was a proper PPV!

1 Like

HOLY SHIT

2 Likes

Won’t believe it till I see it.

1 Like

Yeah it was good for a WWE ppv. Gotta watch it right til the end

1 Like

Starting to feel like Wrestlemania season. :sweat_smile:
Too many things happening and apparently there are still things to come.
What a difference crowds make.

1 Like

I think they’re having to up their game because every weekly episodic edition of AEW Dynamite feels like a house event

(Road Rage, Fighter Fest, Fighter Fest 2)

1 Like

AEW produces some of the worst wrestling television I’ve ever seen in my life lol. It’s like a giant circus act with crappy comedy, shitty stories and awful booking.

WWE just need Vince to relieve himself of control and go back to basics.

All in all, this is the worst state the business has ever been in

1 Like

Can someone please pay Jim Cornette the ransom for holding @SRCJJ and taking over his OA account?

1 Like

I mean he’s right and wrong. Wrestling in general is just poorly run nowadays. By both WWE and AEW

1 Like

Shows how little progress and care there’s been towards building today’s roster. It’s all about the brand this past decade or so. Wrestling had life in it if Vince and creative gave talents more room like they did The Fiend for a brief time. The talent are shit scared for their jobs just playing the part in a soulless play.

It’s amazing how they failed to properly back a talent like Bray Wyatt but gave a complete joke like Reigns everything. I’m hoping Vince is looking for an exit strategy.

1 Like

Haha I know it’s how Cornette thinks but he’s totally spot on. The way they have jobbers going toe to toe with main event stars for no reason. They push shitters like Moxley who are, to quote the great Cornette, garbage death match punks.

Give CM Punk total creative control, give Daniel Bryan a contract and also give Brock Lesnar whatever the fuck he wants and build around some proper stats

1 Like

They’ve done this with a few peeps, man.

Damien Sandow, Wade Barrett, Bobby Roode all come to mind.

(And they’re all in obscurity now)

Reigns is the top star in the business and the most complete guy atm. No doubt about it.

He was a shit face but as a heel he is immense.

4 Likes

I’m quite keen to see what Alistair Black can bring to the table. Meant to be one of the greatest thinkers currently in the business.

WWE just have no clue about their own product. Perfect example, Karrion Kross is undefeated on NXT as a monster heel. He comes up to RAW and loses to a babyface Jeff Hardy by a roll up who has to cheat to win. Nothing they do makes sense. They do the same matches week in week out for months because they never give anyone else an opportunity. When they do give them the opportunity they end up getting released for no reason at all :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

So they finally let up and gave Reigns the heel turn. Haven’t watched in a good while but it was the clear move. If they put half the energy in building him as they did others we’d have at least 5/6 credible top guys right now. We wouldn’t need the annual Goldberg botchamania fest and all these others legends coming out of retirement.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of CM Punk, but he’ll be a great signing for AEW. They need star power.

To be honest, the big issue here is they do ‘undefeated streaks’ too much. I definitely remember quite a few men and women that went on big win streaks in NXT. Biggest problem is losing matches is a big part of developing your character and progressing storylines (when WWE can be bothered that is). This is a modern wrestling trope that if you’re not always winning you’re irrelevant. Looking strong is way more important, you can do that through promos, matches, all sorts of things. Not just ‘winning’. Of course, if they’re not doing that they’re doing 50/50 booking which is just as awful.

1 Like

I think AEW are doing the undefeated streaks more tbh.

John Moxley held the AEW title for over a year. Kenny Omega is fast approaching the same time span.

(Omega’s in ring ability is exemplary, mind you. If anyone is ever going “off” wrestling, I’d recommend them watching Kenny Omega. Enough to get you straight back into it)

Okay that’s huge

1 Like