Wrestling

:bergkamp2:

1 Like

“Gotta pop a rating while we’re at it.” :rofl:

2 Likes

Also didn’t know Jeff Jarrett had such a big role backstage at WWE now. Basically in charge of ALL live shows. Makes him one of the more important people in the company outside the board

Huge for WWE because at least they’ve got a legendary name running live shows.

Jarrett family are wrestling promotional legends.

I feel like if WWE was left to HHH and Jarrett to run we’d at least get a competent wrestling product from them.

3 Likes

Have you seen the Austin episode with Jarrett? Only watched the first 10 to see them talk about their “beef” which didn’t even exist lol

Jeff Jarrett, bleh.

Love a bit of Jeff Jarrett me. That’s J-E-Double F J-A-Double R - E-Double T

2 Likes

2 Likes

That turned out to be some hardcore trolling on Vince’s part :joy:

1 Like

FUEGO DEL SOL!

1 Like

Also had a real kick ass walk on theme during his days at TNA. That and Jay Lethal’s promo with Flair were the highlights of that doomed organisation

1 Like

Fair.

How many titles does AEW have now?

Too many, lol. Tbf, there are a lot of promotions involved. Not a fan how they are now having the Owen Cup winners carry the title as a prop. Hopefully that’s temporary.
I do think things clean up soon once ROH has its own platform and NJPW is off the picture.

Before that though, give me FTR as AEW, ROH, IWGP and AAA tag champions.

1 Like

WWE did a lot of damage with the oversaturation of belts.

2 Likes

I was actually gonna mention that. Vince was heavy on the importance of championships, especially for live events. It’s why he wanted 2 world champions, one for each brand. Funnily enough, with Brock the past years and recently Roman the world champion is rarely around.

They had a couple of opportunities to raise the IC and US title in that time but apart from some great work from Seth, Miz and Ziggler with the IC title a few years ago, both titles have been booked like shit.

Secondary titles always go through peaks and troughs, and not just in WWE. Promotions have to work a lot harder to make them important and a lot also depends on the guy holding it, that’s why the IC title, which has some of the best wrestling WWE has ever produced under its belt has gone through long phases of being excellent and being almost irrelevant.

I don’t think AEW is too oversaturated with its own titles, it’s the guest appearances from other promotions belts that amplify that feeling.

AEW actually has:

1 mens world title
2 mid card mens titles
1 tag team title
1 womens world title
1 womens mid card title

And there’s the trios belts coming. I don’t think that’s excessive when you consider the size of the roster but there’s always going to be a title that feels like it’s been a bit forgotten because they can’t all be centre stage all the time. I think they need to be a lot more sparing about other promotions titles appearing though, even (or perhaps especially) ROH.

1 Like

Dave Hebner and Tim White both dead within a couple of days of each other. Wrestling men to their core. RIP.

4 Likes