Without injury

I think Eduardo was decent but I don’t ever really believe he looked that different after the injury. If anything the Celtic media coverage regarding his dive was more detrimental than the injury.

At least that’s what I remember thinking at the time.

1 Like

He was a goal poacher, a bit like Owen but he was just starting to come good when he got his injury.
He was as good a finisher as I’ve seen at Arsenal, if not known for spectacular goals.

Real Ronaldo is already considered one of the GOATs but he was destined to be arguably the best ever. Seeing clips of him at Inter and Barcelona…shock and awe at his pace, power and skill.

From a PL point of view, although he had a good career, Essien never was the same after he did his ACL in 08 I think it was. An utter monster in midfield before that.

2 Likes

Michael Johnson was the guy I was looking for. Had one great season at City, then he was constantly injured.

3 Likes

Gazza?

Stupid dickhead poleaxed Ian Woan and Gary Charles and got himself injured in the 91 cup final. 2 red card challenges. The second one got Gazza injuredand perhaps cost England qualification to USA 94.

Ironically, if the ref had the balls to send Gazza off for his first challenge within 30 seconds of kick off, he’d still have been playing at the highest level for a little while longer

1 Like

Gazza won more trophies post injury. Albeit they were Scottish trophies.

John Kennedy. Was looking like he was gonna be a world class CB then someone did a horrific challenge on him and he never recovered.

Jesus!

Jimmy Greaves

Ronaldo 9 and Owen are really good shouts.

Ramsey for an Arsenal shout I think is a big what if. He lost alot of pace and acceleration, feel if his career wasnt plagued by recurring injuries as a result of the leg break he would be an animal.

Tell me about it. Real piece-of-shit challenges

1 Like

I’m convinced Gazza was on drugs that day. He looked possessed and was uncontrolled from the start.

5 Likes

Ledley King

7 Likes

What was the media reaction like in the days that followed? I’m guessing there was lots of sympathy towards him as Italia 90 was still fresh in the minds

I was only 6.

I could spell my name, though :blush:

2 Likes

I am convinced if Eduardo didnt get fucked up we would have won that year, that injury fucked the whole team they were never the same and neither was he…he was really starting tomotor scoring some fantastic goals. He was getting to the stage that pretty much every single time he had a chance he scored, if i remember rightly cant remember who said it might be motson but in commentary he literally said ‘and he doesnt miss does he as cool as you like.’ Without that fucking shit tackle (or should i say assault) i really feel he could have been one of the worlds elite strikers.

1 Like

I gotta mention Wilshere. For me he is the most talented english player I’ve seen so far. He was surely on his way to be one of the best midfielders of this era… Damn I remember in 2011 Modric was in his shadow and I thought Jack was twice the player… such a shame.

Pato was immense at very early age too, absolutely had everything to be one of the best strikers of his era.

There are probably other names I can’t remember atm, but these two kinda stand out so far for me.

2 Likes

Jonathan Woodgate?

Better than Sol, Ferdinand, Terry and Ledley in my opinion

Brandon Roy

1 Like

Regarding Eduardo , personally I don’t think he had much more potential in him to what he showed just before that injury.

1 Like