Willian

No CL medal for this clown.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure heā€™s loving the security of that extra year of contract tho

4 Likes

True and I suppose itā€™s a moot point given heā€™s winning the CL at us in 2023.

3 Likes

FFS :joy:

1 Like

Lol yeah

Still time.

1 Like

Yes itā€™s a 3 step process-

1. fuck up in first season,
  2. have no distraction in second season to win the PL
  3. have no distractions in third season to win the CL.
4 Likes

I know youā€™re being facetious but remember we said all that no-distractions talk when we first dropped out of CL qualification.

No EL or CL may result in us slipping even further down the table.

3 Likes

Nah I honestly think we can take advantage of coming season to recalibrate.

We will be forced to move the players on who wonā€™t have long term influence in the club so that ruthlessness will be in our transfer strategy. Inadequate players like Bellerin, Cedric, Willian otherwise would have remained in the club which has been an issue with the club since forever now.

We can concentrate on one or two trophies. Liverpool competed for the title the season they had no European football.

If I were looking after Arsenalā€™s operations, I would trim the squad but made sure there was enough to compete for the title.

Look at our squad
Attack - Auba, Saka, Pepe, ESR, Martinelli
Defence - Tierney, Holding, Mari, Chambers, Gabriel
Midfield - Partey, Elneny

We need to find a right back, backup left back and couple of midfielders, and it is good enough squad to compete for the title, if that was their only focus.

The big problem with your optimism is that Arsenal have absolutely no clue how to operate in the market. Chelsea missed out on Europe and spent a ton of money to get back in. Liverpool missed out on Europe and brought in a coach with a clear philosophy and spent a lot of money.

We have a coach who still doesnā€™t know how he wants to play, other than an inherent cowardice (or conservatism if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt) and a DoF in Edu who more and more appears to be an empty suit whose only real skill is to pay players to leave the club.

3 Likes

Good enough squad to compete for the title ? :joy:.

Itā€™s a good enough squad to compete for top 4 with zero distractions.

Squad has about a 75 point ceiling if you got absolutely every inch out of it.

3 Likes

Yes weā€™d need a freak year like the one where Leicester won the league and all the top teams had a really off year at the same time. You could wait 100 years for that to happen again.

Completely agree 75 points is the realistic top of the range for this lot especially now that Aubas turned into mr overpaid past it man now.

4 Likes

Get him gone :heart_eyes::grin:

6 Likes

The state of AFCā€¦ we are more excited about who we are getting rid of than anything we expect to signā€¦

4 Likes

maybe that is what we are meant to be excited aboutā€¦didnt say what to be excited about just be excited.

3 Likes

Omg. Youā€™re right.

1 Like

Where will he go though? We probably wonā€™t even get any money for him

Packet of crisps would be a bonus here tbh.

2 Likes

Iā€™d even accept some of those petit toasts.

What are these?

1 Like