Willian

I actually re-watched it all recently, it’s definitely a lot better when you know it’s going to turn into dog shit. Though it really is a shame as the first 3 seasons are some of the best TV ever made and they still hold up today.

1 Like

That twist in season three at the end when Jack is yelling “we have to go back Kate!” made my jaw drop. It didn’t even occur to me that they’d jump forward in time! It was incredible. Obviously the writers said that they kind of lost their way with the writer’s strike and I wonder how much external things like Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros getting fired for DUIs impacted the planned arcs. Hell even the actor who played Mr Eko quit because filming in Hawaii is rough if you have a family back home waiting for you. It was ground breaking stuff when it premiered for sure. Made me think twice about flying and for me, really signaled the dawn of fan-run podcasts built on recaps and theories. It was so much fun.

3 Likes

Shows why you need to look deeper sometimes and not so simplistic, I could get assists at this level with finishers like Tierney vs Benfica, Gabriel vs Olympiacos and Auba vs Burnley.

To Willian’s credit he has improved last 6 weeks or so to a serviceable level, but yeah they’re some pretty fortunate assists due to elite finishing.

2 Likes

tenor-4

4 Likes

Cause you know we’re winning the Europa League boooooi.

Not only a mediocre player, but a dumb human for supporting the guy that put his country in this position.

The kind of values our manager seems to love it seems.

If he was a great player does it not matter then?

1 Like

Glenn Greenwald is also a POS so between him, Willian and Discount Brazilian Trump you’re two shy of a five-a-side team of assholes. Just missing Piers and Ricky Gervais.

2 Likes

I disagree with Glenn on a lot but he’s a lot braver and better at his job than many who go after him for stupid shit.

@Stroller no, I just wanted to caption the tweet. Ronaldinho is as much of an idiot.

1 Like

Madness that he lasted 72 minutes. Every time I’ve thought “okay, maybe we get the Chelsea Willian today” he proceeds to remind me of how much of an idiot I am for thinking things might change. We were crying out for the left winger to start making some dangerous runs in behind and attack the space like Saka was doing on the right flank.

Big fuck up from Arteta playing Willian + Laca combo. I feel like the Laca move wouldn’t have liked as poor if it was Pepe/Martinelli on the left to attack space and look to shoot. If you go with Willian, then surely it has to be Auba central.

1 Like

31 appearances without a goal now for this club, I know he has never been a big scorer but it’ll be genuinely hilarious if he goes a whole campaign without finding the net.

2 Likes

Two more years to go :grin:

1 Like

I still believe that a 2 year deal for Willian would have been astute business had we brought him into a more prepared squad with a better manager. I don’t think Willian is unprofessional to the point that he’s simply using this as a retirement contract.

3 Likes

Has come here to put his feet up :grin:

I think @Joshua was right in the fact that he is, actually, a shit player who can’t do any better. Not so much that he doesn’t want to, he just can’t.

1 Like

He played much better just 1 season ago

2 Likes

Without any pressure, Chelsea basically gave up last season, having the opportunity and free hand to do whatever he wanted without Hazard and no pressure to perform.

None of the Chelsea fans I know raved about him last season or seem anything other than happy that it’s us who gave him a contract and not them.

2 Likes

Chelsea fans were actually laughing on social media after his performance with Fulham early in the season, they just knew…

1 Like

When Chelsea beat Spurs away last season Willian was MOTM by some distance, haven’t seen him ever put a performance anywhere near that for us against good opposition

2 Likes