William Saliba (2)

Yeah, French media on his ass too.

1 Like

This is a test for him now because it’s easy as a youngster to bask in adulation. It’s not so easy as a youngster to deal with criticism coming from fans and the national press. Players have much more access to daily information and tidbits too, they can open up their social media channels and in an instant be exposed to varying opinions.

Let’s hope he recovers his form well, and that he pushes on from this

10 Likes

Exactly.

Much easier to perform when everything is going well. Let’s see how he reacts when people are telling him to die and calling his mum a cunt on IG

2 Likes

Continues to impress

3 Likes

Made a couple of costly mistakes in some games in this group.
Crashed out as well. Nothing game against the bottom side.

2 Likes

Finished 3rd eh, not impressive from Marsielle.

2 Likes

Has anyone watched him extensively this season? If so, any thoughts on his performances?

Of course they haven’t

9 Likes

Lack of hard evidence will never stop soccer fans from rendering an opinion.

"You have to fight in a career. We must take that as a lesson to go further. It gave me a little slap to say: ‘You are nobody!’ You can be bought for 30 million euros, arrive in a club and we put you aside. It gives you a good slap, it feels good. It brings you back to reality’.

Daddy Arteta giving these young men what they need. Kinky.

13 Likes

Saliba + Gabriel + White sounds like a good trio of CBs to have and that’s also the right number for a club like ours, you can’t really have more than 3 good ones or they won’t play enough and someone wants to leave etc. Also I think part of the reason he went back was that thing with his parents as well? I hope this treatment pays off for us as a club anyway.

3 Likes

@oompa agree dude. City rotate Dias, Laporte and Stones really well. Pep keeps them all happy. Ake is seen as a bit of a bonus. If he’s cool to sit there and collect his wages, fine. He’s happy because they compete for everything and he knows he’s at the best club he’ll ever be at.

Obviously our three are a level below City’s big three, but having 3 quality CBs is the magic number. The 4th needs to be a serviceable, fairly reliable bloke. Holding fits that profile quite well.

We’ve been very lucky so far with injuries to Gabriel and White. Need Saliba to come back and give us quality depth there. No need to spend money if we got a bloke ready to come in and help us in that position.

7 Likes

Sounds like a law firm.

17 Likes

Defence lawyers.

20 Likes

With puns like this in the locker it’s no surprise you’ve fit in so easily around here.

1 Like

Voted for the team of the season so far. Looks to be fan voted though.

1 Like

‘Team of the season so far’

What an award :smiley:

Good to hear though, I guess.

3 Likes

A bit of a mystery how ballon d’or winner Eibarman can’t make the team after his grand total of that one 3-1 goal against Nantes when he was the best player in the world that year. hmm. well.

I fuckign love that smile, I can’t get enough of that picture :joy:

3 Likes