William Saliba (2)

Holding and Mari decide to see out their contracts, no offers come in for them, sorry Saliba off you go :wave:

8 Likes

So true :sweat_smile:

Pearce was chatting shit. Don’t know why that Twitter nerd quoted him :grin:

1 Like

The only “other players” that should influence this is whether we decide to bring in someone better.

If the choice is between having Mari/Chambers etc on the books but not playing, or selling Saliba for peanuts, there’s only one logical option

Imagine being a 20 year old CB going up against a frontline of Messi, Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria lol

Must be fucking intimidating

9 Likes

Imagine being a PSG fan, having that frontline and watching a nil nil draw, must be infuriating.

10 Likes

That too haha

1 Like

Holding and Mari contracts are until about 2024 aren’t they ?

*sighs.

Plays tonight at 7:45pm.

6 Likes

Big big big test of Arteta’s maturation as a manager on whether he can convince Saliba to come back.

2 Likes

Yup this is unbeaten run is nice and the clean sheets combined with team harmony are lovely but really the only way to judge Arteta is whether or not he and Saliba are mates.

1 Like

I don’t care whether he and Saliba are friends, but there was obviously some sort of breakdown in communication on top of the club cocking up his loan last year.

It was a bad look. I’m curious to see how he manages the situation.

1 Like

Wasn’t it established that Rennes fucked up his loan and not us??

2 Likes

Yes lol, no one actually took note of that though because it didn’t fit in to people’s agenda that Edu and Arteta are trying to ostracize the kid

I make no comment about Saliba or his ability to play at a decent level in the PL but it’s clear there’s alot of hype being attached to his name by objective external entities.

It will be be coup if we can get him to sign a new deal whilst Arteta is still manager here. Just from an economic perspective we need to protect our interest which is what we failed to do with Guen

5 Likes

Why did we leave it that late? Why didn’t we register him? It was a mistake end of.

@Castiel your agenda shtick is wearing thin. Not every critique of the club is an agenda. We handled that situation wrong and me wanting to see us correct it isn’t some fringe view.

1 Like

Nope but most of the constant shite about Saliba is 100% agenda based nonsense.

He’s a young, developing player out on loan at the league and team of his choosing. Can people not just get over it ffs.

The reason the loan last time was delayed was because Saliba set the terms of which team he would like to play for and the other team left him hanging. Though let’s not deal with reported facts or anything

Well this is encouraging !

8 Likes

I’ll only accept him back if he brings Le Prince de Paris with him.

1 Like
2 Likes