William Saliba (2)

We were underachieving but after Arteta-Ozil debacle was settled, I don’t think we had dressing room issues.

The Arteta debacle was still ongoing at the time mate. :sweat_smile:
Ozil left in 2021.

Oh yeah, I forgot.
I still highly doubt someone would say, “Hey, our squad is too toxic. Lets not register him, make things more toxic, then send him out on loan in Jan. What about Saka you say? Ah he will be fine. Toxic environment? Nah personality development.”

Saka had his family though.

did Martinelli?

Huge difference between attackers making mistakes and CB’s.

Plus martinelli was held back initially by Mikel as well, he threw him and ESR in when he needed his ass saving in that bad run. Martinelli still got dropped and rotated quite a bit after that.

I think there was genuinely some issue initially (between manager/club and player) but there was also a genuine desire to help nurture him with all the difficulties he had after. He would’ve been roasted for any mistake here and we already had enough drama with Auba and Ozil.

It worked out perfectly well for us now so I don’t see a problem, the loans were definitely beneficial in the long run.

https://x.com/Arsenal/status/1798386257313104291

2nd Rice i reckon and 1st Ode

1 Like

Did he get snubbed by France for Upamecano?

Yeah, Deschamps thinks he’s shite that Upamecano is the second coming of Desailly.

Ridiculous :ginger:

https://x.com/karthikadhaigal/status/1799375437618892928

2 Likes

Not often you see a defender come through with the talent level of Saliba. Him and Gabriel are excellent, both so good at the basic defensive duties whilst also being good with the ball at their feet.

These are the kind of defenders that I like because their strength is the ability they have to actually defend. They’re aggressive, quick, strong, good timing.

I don’t know how long we’ll hold onto Saliba for but you’d imagine it would take a world record fee for a defender to prise him away from us down the line.

3 Likes

We need to win a big trophy in the next 2 seasons i.e. Premier League or Champions League.

I think that will happen btw, just saying that players of this calibre require success.

We are on the cusp of success. I genuinely believe we will win the league next season. We keep improving, keep evolving, keep strengthening. Arteta doesn’t rest with what he has.

7 Likes

He screams Madrid, that’s all I’ll say.

We were the two clubs interested in him before Spurs tried to hijack the deal from us and he rejected them.
His idol is Varane, it’s likely at one point he’ll look to try his luck there.

No issues with that as long as we get some more juice out of him, win some trophies and get a respectable fee when the time comes.

2 Likes

Willy juice?

Bruh.

2 Likes

1 Like

https://x.com/BodegaaCat/status/1801358705725751796?t=hfzUE21pw_JmYaNxc2H1Dw&s=19

Dammit

Nah it’s good news. International experience at the highest level with further his development.

4 Likes