William Saliba (2)

Why would they be able to do this, are the French rules different?
They’re going to choose their first choice team for a cup final if they can.

Can we play him for the remainder of the season then? Games are basically glorified friendlies now so might as well!

1 Like

We cannot. He can’t be registered an Arsenal squad member until the next registration window opens.

It’s not their fault Corona happened, but it’s not our fault either.

I like the cut of your jib

1 Like

You really have got to stop using that TARDIS to go back in time. :grinning:

1 Like

Im getting a bit fucking fed up with him and them. Never given Arsenal a mention since he signed for us. Get over yourself and the channel and ply your trade here now thanks.

1 Like

Ah come off it mate. I’m sure he will be plenty focused on The Arsenal when he is actually training with the club and eligible to play a game for us.

2 Likes

Yeah probably and maybe not his fault. Been a bloody drama about this cup final and shit for weeks.

2 Likes

Long thread, click on it to read the rest if you’re interested in the people at St Etienne being moaning Minnies.

1 Like

So fucking what if they need our permission?
We already paid for the player and we should be able to make sure he can play without risking himself.

Once he is no longer their long term player, they can misuse him by overplaying him. It’s good that we placed that clause.

If they abided by our terms properly, he would have played in the finals.

7 Likes

Yea, fuck them basically.

1 Like

This was the final tweet

Surely they wouldn’t have a leg to stand on? He’s our player ffs.

2 Likes

@Phoebica The pertenant points of why they may have some court case are:

ASSE pointed out the incongruence of such an approach & thus were able to negotiate the amount of starts to 1/3 of all possible ASSE competitive matches in the 19/20 season to get the €2.5m bonus – before the premature end of this season, ASSE would’ve played 52 matches.

Ligue 1 was truncated owing to COVID-19, so Les Verts would play 42 matches in 2019/20 - at 16 starts, Saliba had already satisfied the condition of starting 1/3 of all matches. Arsenal made it clear they had no intention of paying despite the change in circumstances.

Contractual clauses are there to be complied with, we got lowballed far too often before, time to stand our ground.

2 Likes

Should buy someone else from their shit team to rattle them further

1 Like

lol at the Covid19 excuse, they can ask Macron for the 2.5mil.

1 Like

Honestly reading that thread just suggests the club are acting in their own best interests. I want them to do exactly that. I don’t believe for one second it will have any negative effect on Salinas effort or commitment here.

It depends on the language of the contract but generally agreements don’t work like this unless expressly specified in the initial contract.