William Saliba (2)

I’ve considered changing my avatar many times over the years, but I can’t bring myself to do it. It’s become as much a part of my brand as being a pedantic cunt or unreasonably left wing.

8 Likes

Olympique de Farmers in the MUD

11 Likes

Wheatley finally decided to come back.

5 Likes

We can’t be selling to a club like Marseille, we just won’t get the fee required to make it worthwhile.

What contract talks?
He is our player is he not?

Yea we’re looking to extend as he’s only two years left.

Only lol
Lets get him here playing first!

Pretty traditional time to talk extension if you’re keen on keeping the player.

2 Likes

Most probably, but a different situation in which he has yet to play a game for us.

Obviously doesn’t change anything in the eyes of our management and executive team.

1 Like

Well, he’s a player but if we go technical on this, he’s an asset, and we need to protect our assets.
Even if it doesn’t work out here we need to make sure we can get some money back from him, and with his contract expiring in 2024 we don’t have too much of a leverage.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes, I get it lol
Dont need it explained to me, just seems very weird giving him the new deal when we havent even had him playing yet.

How do you find it weird when you said you get it?

3 Likes

I mean, it came across exactly like you were looking for an explanation…

Do you not think its just a very strange situation to be giving a guy a new contract when we haven’t even seen him play for the club?

Why would we not protect his value by giving him a new deal? If we wait until next year he’s got 12 months left on his deal and his value declines massively.

1 Like

Speaking of Saliba, Fabri with the tap-in:

What’s strange about protecting the value of your asset?

Nothing at all

But the whole situation is a very strange and different one.

Personally im looking forward to seeing him play for us, its been a long time coming.