William Saliba (2)

Dont let the obsession over Saliba distract you from the fact that Arteta got shit on 3 nil by Conte tho :skull::skull:

We both know you didn’t watch it

2 Likes

Just like the “youth project” issue and people saying that we have flaws and we are not good enough because of too many young players…
It was upper management’s decision, did not mean we have to go though that.
Same as Saliba, it was by design, not necessarily that we have to loan him out.

If Saliba was really not good enough to log in minutes, we still had Holding, Chambers and Mari (at that time), the experienced players to get covered.

Anyway, what is done is done, hope he will come back and prove the doubters wrong.

2 Likes

BYRON

2 Likes

Just to take slight issue with this, we’ve played 4 cup finals in that time frame.

But fair point overall.

2 Likes

I was actually going to caveat my point with arugbly other than Baku but also fuck Baku. It was a horrid affair because CL should have been cemented domestically that season.

I love the FA Cup and I’d rather win it than the EL but the bigger picture, the bigger prize is undoubtedly CL qualification. Especially when we’ve been out of it for more than half a decade.

Though don’t think I’m turning my nose up at it, great competition, should be an avenue into Europe for the winner, I’ve always maintained that

1 Like

I’d rather win the EL over the FA Cup right up until the point that I’ve seen the club win a European trophy in my life (I was four for the Cup Winners Cup, absolutely doesn’t count lol)

Totally agree with you more generally about preferring the FA Cup. There’s no prestige to the EL really, nobody gives a shit you won it. But unfortunately for us it would still feel like a somewhat significant achievement.

As I post in the 70th minute of this match, it looks like our best route back into the CL. Which in practical terms is currently more important than improving our barely existent European trophy tally.

1 Like

EL4lyfff bro

1 Like

He’ll want to continue playing regularly for the rest of the year.

2 Likes

If Gabriel leaves he might just be doing that. :grinning:

White and Saliba CB pairing, with Holding and a new CB as cover.

French squad has declined if Rabiot is still getting call ups lol

All in all it’s actually not a great squad - so much of their promised talent didn’t really end up making it.

Kante on the slide, Varane past it, persistence in a declining Lloris, Rabiot still getting chances, Coman nowhere near as special as he was meant to be, Griezmann looks past it

1 Like

What’s up with that midfield selection? Really weak.

2 Likes

no matter how weak they are, still is the French NT.

Don’t think Saliba (and Guen) are really the top 23 players of their country but they will only improve every time get the call up.

Where’s Camavinga?

Kamara called up just to block Senegal apparently

Deschamps rates Saliba higher than Upamecano :thinking:

1 Like

I would def. have Camavinga in the squad, but he’s been mixing a mature and impressive game with a bit of a reckless style all season, maybe they think he should wait another year still.

Camavinga over Guen all the time these days…
Anyway, this could be just an experimenting squad…

Noticed this too. What’s happened? He’s only just 30 isn’t he?

No way…

The french lads still rate Guen over Camavinga. Guen started all the youth french matches over him and now is in the senior side over him as well.

One is 23 and the other is 19 dingus