William Saliba (2)

I can’t find any credible source that says he’s the one who said he suffered. Just that one tweet using the word from probably a third hand translation.

Come on now, lad had to play for our U23s and was reportedly awful whenever he was used. Must be scarred…

Who to believe?

1 Like

Chris Wheatley has a better track record

Chris told us Saliba was going nowhere last summer and then he fucked off back to France.

Next season, Chambers will be gone and Mari as well hopefully.

Means we’re down to 3 CBs - White, Gabriel and Holding.

Bringing Saliba back solves that squad problem really easily. No need to spend time and resources finding another CB when we have a solution ready to join. Hopefully we do the logical thing and just let the guy fucking play for Arsenal.

5 Likes

I’ve got some bad news for you…

12 Likes

It is logical for Arsenal, but maybe not for Saliba, if Arsenal do not have European/CL football.
At Marseille, he is the guaranteed starting CB. Plenty of football and easier to catch the spotlight and attention.

He is an Arsenal player, he will come back to us automatically when his loan runs out.

Marseille also are facing a transfer ban so they can’t buy him next summer. Even if they appealed the ban successfully, it is highly doubtful they would have the money to buy him. They don’t buy > 25m players very often even in good economic times and all French clubs except PSG remain broke.

1 Like

I’d sell him and move TT from right back to centre and bring a new full back in.
We need more pace down that side. Stupid deal in the first place. Break even and move on.

1 Like

Sell whilst you can get value. I’ll eat my top hat if he signs a new deal here, theres no way he does

2 Likes

dude probably just read that Marseille is facing a transfer ban.

Transfer ban including loans? Not so sure.
If Saliba does find happiness in France, why the heck he would want to come back, please tell me.
Are Arsenal the same category of Liverpool, Chelsea, City, or even United, which he has a better and higher chance to win something?

Yes you are correct, he is an Arsenal player, but does not mean he wants to stay here (anymore).
If he wants out, what can you do? So he is another prick and asshole?

There is no way we loan him again next year given his contract situation. He’ll either come back to Arsenal (most likely in my view) or be sold. And he won’t be sold to Marseille given their transfer ban and financial situation in general. So all this speculation about him wanting to stay there makes no sense. There’s no plausible way he stays here.

If I was Saliba I’d want a permanent move to Marseille if possible, he is a bonafide starter, home country + CL football.

2 Likes

If we had Conte in we’d have a back 3 of Saliba, White and Gabriel

1 Like

Here is the full quote. He is saying the right things IMO. Focus on his football for now and figure out the future later.

1 Like

Yeah, agreed. I don’t think there’s anything there suggesting he wants to leave us etc, more so he is just saying the right things regarding where he is now but without being committal on anything in the future either.

1 Like

Arteta gonna read that tweet and hold a grudge tho :joy::joy:

1 Like