I don’t trust him

1 Like

Dobbo? More like cunto!

2 Likes

Yes, we’re offering Saliba a similar contract to Saka, lol. :arteta:

Dobbo steals socks, pass it on.

Sounds like a transphobic elf to me. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Saka’s new deal is close to 300k per week and we are paying Saliba this kind of salary?

Wow~~~

It’ll take minimum 200k for Saliba to stay, one of hottest property young CB’s in the world with an extremely high ceiling.

1 Like

It’s ~200k pw plus a bunch of performance related bonuses, tbf.

2 Likes

Whatever he wants, pay it. We can’t afford to lose an 80m defender over 50-70 grand a week.

2 Likes

:100: dude, couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like we’ll give him what he wants

https://twitter.com/gunnersc0m/status/1663809673806467073?s=46&t=AXaXFdGpC85RzXwk6DBMgA

Very smart

Stupid Arsenal letting it get to 1-year before offering him a new contract. I know contract negotiations do take anywhere up to a year, sometimes longer — so I’m kneejerking :sweat_smile:

Big mistake sending him on loan for 2 years when our defence was shit as fuck; he could’ve easily held the line for us these past 3 years and we’d likely be in a better position defensively than we are now.

We’re now going to have no choice but to sell him. Plays 6 months of football for Arsenal, gets a song, gets injured and thinks he deserves 300k/week.

No point breaking the bank to keep a player who doesn’t want to be here.

Let’s use the funds to find a good replacement, hopefully some of it can also be used for the full back situation we have.

1 Like

Seems like the same shit we’ve read before but recycled.

Get ready for more of this until he signs, they’ve got to bait us into rage/despair engagement in some way.

15 Likes

Oh wow, what an exclusive from Mark Irwin. :xhaka:

What exactly is new here? We’ve heard the issues before were financial. Also, nice way to cover all angles saying we COULD sell him.

This is just speculation to drive clicks. As @JakeyBoy said, expect more of this.

3 Likes

PSG are the only team that I’m scared of. Fairly confident that we get him signed up on ridiculous money for a defender who has had one season in the Prem.

1 Like

I think we will get this contract renewed, but it’s the only time he will renew with us. I reckon he’s nailed on to be off to PSG or Madrid in a couple of years.

3 Likes

These are negotiations, what is “demanded” will be higher than what he’ll actually be happy with.

I’m frequently shocked by a claimant’s demands when I first engage in legal proceedings at work.

If Saliba’s main love is money and he won’t negotiate, we sell.

1 Like

Got to agree. As brilliant as Saliba is, if he tries to take the piss we may need to sell. He can’t really be earning more than Partey or Jesus.

I’m happy for him to have a deal that incrementally improves to the point that he’s one of the high earners, but it should be based his progression, game time, personal achievements and the success of Arsenal.

Saka’s contract is structured like that, so maybe his demands for a similar contract aren’t just based on the maximum possible earnings.

1 Like