William Saliba (2)

We won’t get 75 mill if we sell him summer with 12 months to run imo. I think it’ll be substantially below that.

4 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see how this one plays out, Saliba pretty much has all the leverage at this point. A few clubs in England and abroad wouldn’t hesitate to give him £250k+ p/w. If we get to the point where he has 12 months left it’s a total failure

I think this a money issue tbh, his camp are probably using free agency to pressure the club who doesn’t want to go beyond it’s structure.

1 Like

yes, like who?

Unfortunately, players nowadays have more and more leverage than before…

2 Likes

When the whole world knows Saka is about to get what 300K a week? This is the knock on affect tbh especially for someone who would feel he’s just as good in his respective position.

Saka is arguably the best in his position today. You certainly can’t say the same for Saliba.

This is actually a good representation of their status:

Saliba:

Saka:

2 Likes

I said what Saliba himself thinks and that’s what matters here

1 Like

I always have found transfermarkts estimates a bit whack but yeh I’m with you that Saliba hasn’t achieved a fraction of what Saka has at this level. I mean let’s be real Saliba has about 6 good months under his belt at a top club.

I hate this give him what he wants mentality, we really shouldn’t be getting held hostage by this lad just yet in regard to negotiations.

Realistically he should be in the same kind of wage bracket as Gabriel and White. Sakas a separate case entirely.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s doing my mind any good reading this thread at the moment, just makes me feel very anxy about the whole thing.

Ps. This isn’t a comment towards what people are saying or thinking, but more about the situation itself.

3 Likes

There’s Anelka vibes too this for me. Could be both miss out but it’s fundamental to the club to have the final say.
I’ll go a step further if there’s real money to be had to finance in other areas I’d take it.

4 Likes

Be worth it to get rid of that shit song. There I said it

3 Likes

You’d better not venture into the ‘what are you listening to right now’ thread, pal…

2 Likes

How many years does Saliba have on his contract now? I thought he had 2 years as of now.

If he was at any other club, they’d be quoting £75m and nobody would bat an eye lid.

1 season apparently, hence everyone’s concern.

1 Like

oh damn, that’s rough. We should’ve tried to get him to sign last year if that’s the case. :weary:

1 Like

we loaned him out last year, not a good timing to renew

Why? He has had an excellent first season at Arsenal. He is a starter at RCB for us. We have a squad of some of the most talented younger players in Europe and we can offer him a very competitive new deal. Why wouldn’t he renew?

Because some can offer him a better deal?
Because some have better chances to win league and CL/cup?
Because we are not (yet) a top team?

We are a rising team, but not as good as we think.
Past couple of months proved that.

It is ignorant to believe it is a certain.

1 Like

We’re currently the second best team in the league. Saliba doesn’t get into the City team ahead of Stones. Why would he go to Utd or Newcastle or Liverpool? We can offer CL football and have a team full of top young talent unlike those other teams.

Plus, he isn’t top class himself yet. He has a long way to go yet, but we can give him the time and support he needs to develop at Arsenal.

Just CL football is not enough.
How many teams are there in CL every season?
We are just one. This is a selling point for some players but definitely not for Saliba cause every team that is interested in him, is a CL team.

Yes, he is not a top player (yet) but we can tell how important he can be and the potential he has
He can be and will be an integral part for many teams, winning teams, and teams that are missing a player or two to be contender.

What top CL team though would start him week in week out though?