We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

The key are the next 2 games. 4 points and we are slightly favourite to finish 4th, imo.

This is nonsense. BATE we’re effectively in preseason when we played the tie, The games were low intensity because Arsenal came out lethargic and sloppy in both legs.

Rennes on the other hand are match ready and physically fit, they’re a couple of levels above BATE in terms of quality and have alot more individual talent to affect the tie too. Rennes strength is on the wing should be concern considering full back is the weakest area of our 11.

It’s silly to dismiss their potential threats knowing this arsenal side is leaking goals against subpar opposition left right and center. We’re in the bottom 5 in the Prem of cleans sheets kept and have defensive record comparable to lower midtable teams.

Yeah, Arsenal will progress comfortably just like against BATE where we didn’t score a goal from open play throughout the tie

Your still banging on about the travel when it’s a total non factor in terms of adding fatigue. No one ever said it was an issue here, just stop beating a dead horse.

Arsenal were always going to - and did - beat BATE comfortably over the two legs, so your point about how Arsenal scored their goals is irrelevant. It was an easy win on home turf against a side we’d seen off 6-0 the previous occasion.

If you don’t think Arsenal will also have it comfortably over two legs against a side mid table in the French league then I don’t know what to tell you. No doubt your extensive knowledge of Rennes season 18/19 gives you the tactical edge :roll_eyes:

Your Premier League goals stat conveniently ignores the fact we’ve kept clean sheets in 6 of the 8 Europa League ties we’ve already played this season, including twice against Sporting, a couple of levels themselves above Rennes.

In short, cherry pick some better stats than that, or else stop wasting my time. Rennes will be a comfortable win.

I hope I have to eat my words. Nothing would make me happier than being wrong about finishing top 4.

A tie in which you lose the first leg with a very strong squad to the opposition like BATE then struggle to create opportunity from open play in the home is anything but comfortable. That performance should be a warning to reality check Arsenal fans

The rest of your post is petty BS tbh, you complain about me cherry picking stats yet do the same with even more obscure information? I’ll stop wasting your time.

If the number 9 of France is going to push Arsenal to the maximum serious questions need to be ask about Emery, Sanhelli and everybody else involved in the running of this club.

Who said anything about “to the maximum”? Usual suspect always inventing things out of thin air on this forum

Acting like Rennes can’t trouble us at all, considering our mixed form and defensive frailties this season, is a different matter entirely.

1 Like

You were the using the words ‘very worried’ and ‘draining’ in your initial post, bud. If anything you overreact.

This kind of false modesty thing is stupid. There is no mixed form. Overall we beat the teams we must beat, apart from the occasional brainfart like West Ham or Brighton, and struggle against top six. Rennes falls in the first category.

In the context our league games and our ability to compete for top 4 playing an additional 90 mins every other week, which what this thread is all about. You always invent things SD or deliberately ignore the relevant point. It’s quite annoying

It’s not false modesty considering some of the results and performances we’ve produced this season. I’ve haven’t indicated that Rennes are a massive threat, Arsenal are favourites for a reason but it’s just stupid to dismiss them completely when we’re battling in a 3 team top 4 race on Sundays

Not sure how I ignore the point when my point is that Rennes should be an easy opponent and therefore it shouldn’t take too much out of Arsenal for the League.

I’ll leave this discussion here, because this is a fair enough counter point

@Robin_L I really hope we don’t go out vs Rennes or I’m tipping a few of these post will resurface in a couple of weeks.

I also think we’ll progress and should do it rather comfortably, but nothing with Arsenal is a given, we’re always capable of an away horror show.

1 Like

Yes, it’s almost as if it were to highlight what you were doing perhaps :laughing: You moron. Top marks for the last statement, let’s do just that :+1:

Yeah we’re capable of losing it but I think it phenomenally unlikely. Check what the bookies think. We’ve been given one of the easier ties left in the competition and I think we’ll be absolutely fine, irrespective of results in the NLD and the United fixture

1 Like

Look we can agree to disagree, there’s no need for inflammatory personal insults here. It’s not in keeping with the friendly environment of fun debate we’re trying to foster here at Online Arsenal.

Please apologize

We are in the mix again so that’s already an improvement, imo. Let’s finish the job now.

1 Like

Top 3* Tottenham Hotspur we’re coming for youuuu :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Points > clean sheets

If we won every game 2-1 for the rest of the season, don’t think anyone would care about the clean sheets.

3 Likes

Neither would I, but law of averages suggest if you keep shipping goals you’ll start dropping points.

Win our next 2 and we will, no bother