We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

Last 4 games… Palace, Sheff Utd, Wolves and Leicester… 2 points… No way are we ever finishing 4th with this twat in charge

1 Like

That was probably our chance. Now as close to 19th as we are to Leicester/Chelsea. 9 points is a big old gap.

We have as easy a run of fixtures as you could hope for but I don’t trust this current setup to get any more than 5 points from the next 12 before losing 6-0 to City.

We’re going to have to at worst win and draw against Chelsea which means we need a change before Christmas, but realistically to be ready for that game we need a change by 1st December.

5 Likes

We can still get in CL if we win the EL.

(Which we should) but you know who needs the sack for that.

I think it’s going to be harder this season than last anyway and where a dysfunctional mess.

1 Like

Absolutely no chance of top 4 IMO. This coach and this team just don’t have what it takes.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t put Arsenal in the top 4 or 5 bracket of favourites to win the Europa League once the drop downs come in.

It’s only another 3 points away so I think it’s far from over, but we have Southampton and Norwich coming up next (W W) and so I really think we won’t change managers before January if at all

3 Likes

Especially once Liverpool drop down into the Europa League

Are you sure about two wins there?

Not too sure tbh, but everyone knew we were losing to Leicester so in a way the pressure was less on Emery.

Southampton and Norwich is a sort of hand picked 6 points for him really (home or away) so if he can’t get the team winning both these games then in that situation I could see him being sacked far sooner than I thought.

Otherwise you’d have to say if we’re not beating these teams with barely an injury across the whole squad then why shouldn’t Arsenal finish 10th or 12th or 14th etc

1 Like

It’s mathematically possible at the moment but I’d say there is close to a zero percent chance we actually do it. The team is a total mess and I just can’t see both Chelsea and Leicester fading badly enough. There was even a rumor that Chelsea could have their transfer ban overturned in time to spend money in January.

One or both of Spurs and Man U will change their coach before we do, I’m pretty confident of that. Whoever changes first will probably get some type of bounce. We could be looking at finishing seventh or eighth if Emery stays.

So I guess he really has brought his vision to Arsenal after all. We are a midtable La Liga shitshow.

1 Like

Man U are staring to find their rythem and we are way off having one. If the cost of replacing Emery is something the club want to avoid even though it looks like it’s going to be bad for Arsenal then we really are in trouble.
Emery would cost some millions to get rid off but small in comparison to buying an average player.

Top 4 is very doable. There’s still a ton of time left in the season and form changes very quickly. We could easily put in a nice run of results and be right back into the top 4. Of course that wont happen under the current manager, but I dont think it’s out of the realm of possibility if we change managers.

1 Like

I don’t know because I don’t know where the points are going to come from. We are shit at home shit away not only to top half of the table but the bottom half also

When we can’t even play football how are we even supposed to challenge for 4th?

2 Likes

We’ve too slow and until we have a manager who demands a fast response to opposing teams we won’t win anything just look at the top teams in the prem they are all fast playing. Even their average players.

Meh. Arsenal will face the likes of Bruges, Lokomotiv, Red Bull Salzburg, Red Star, Zenit, Valencia as drop downs. Nothing to fear really. Only Dortmund or Inter should give Arsenal real problems, But the Italians probably wouldn’t even care.

2 Likes

Mate, we couldn’t even turn over Vitoria :joy: Plenty to fear I think!

The 4th game in the group stage…I don’t feel like any conclusions should get taken from that.

1 Like

Man United would hammer us in any EL final.

4 Likes

Any English team would.

2 Likes