We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

Not a fan I take it? :rofl:

If he does leave taking Eriksen is a must.

That would almost certainly spell the end for them.

2 Likes

I’d say you’re shocked :smiley:

1 Like

22 points out of 30 should be enough to finish in the top 4. We are more than capable of doing it.

1 Like

One hell of a race on here though. United saints and Fulham Chelsea this week. Our next 2 games are huge.
For all the talk of player power at Chelsea I think the final and spurs result have proved that there is a decent side and the snake thing is overblown.

Very worried about the impact of the EL on our league performance. Knockout ties against decent opposition are draining physically and mentally. It will affect our performance on Sundays.

At least we are back in it for the Wenger Trophy ™. A trophy Wenger himself failed to achieve last season.

2 Likes

We can rotate a bit now, especially upfront.

Last two seasons actually… and people will still defend him.

4 Likes

It’s been so long I forgot that was even a thing :rofl:

lets get the banners out of storage!!

1 Like

All I’ll say, we’ve seen the good side of Arsenal at Emirates. It’s all well and good there. It has been since last season. Our issues is at foreign turfs.

1 Like

Wasn’t that long ago: 2015/16. Spurs coming third in a two horse race :smile:

2 Likes

I refuse to believe a trip to Rennes can be that physically demanding. Earlier in the season they went to Qarabag! This time they can be back home in bed before midnight

Not only that I think we’ll do significantly better in the away leg this time.

4 Likes

When you look at the schedule we should win our last six games, at least, indeed. Those consist of clubs who pretty much don’t play for anything anymore at the point we play time.

1 Like

Worried? Arsenal must put full focus on the EL. One Cup’ winners Cup in ‘94 and an Inter-Cities Fairs Cup in 1970. Those are all the European trophies Arsenal has ever won. That’s piss poor for a club which thinks it belongs too the 10/15 greatest European’ clubs.

1 Like

Who said anything about the actual flight to France being physically demanding? :man_facepalming:

But why does focussing on the EL mean we aren’t allowed to show concern for what we do in the league? That’s ludicrous

I did. The travel has to form the lion’s share of the difficulties when it’s a 4+ hour flight each way to a far flung destination. This is Brittany for gods sake, there’s no reason for the 2 legs against Rennes to affect us any more than going to Newcastle away on a midweek league fixture. Not something to be worried about.

Point is, no one was ever talking about the flight or travel being physically demanding ffs, because it’s not. There no need to breakdown down the distances and times it takes to get places

I was initially referring to the actually 180 mins of high intensity football in a pressured knockout situation against increasing tougher opposition as we progress being mentally and physically draining on the starting 11 which will have knock on affect on our league performances.

Of Course this is something to be worried about, midweek euro hangovers is a credible threat to our ability to place within top 4. In the EL we’ve got reached the point where we have to play out strongest 11, it’s stupid to think that won’t affect our ability to perform on league Sundays

It’s not going to be 180 minutes of high intensity football, in the same way the BATE games weren’t. It’s Rennes and Arsenal will progress comfortably. In addition, the lack of travel will reduce the Sunday fatigue considerably. All seems a fairly sensible point to make to me

Also, I was only talking about the next round, if you somehow hadn’t grasped that from my previous post :+1: