We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

Yeah think it was some sort of controversy, like the ball hit a Wimbledon player on the hand then it went to another player who scored the winning goal.

I’m slowly starting to change my tune, I think we’ll finish above Chelsea now. I still think Spurs have enough easy home games to hold us off for 3rd. Our Victory vs United last week was absolutely massive as I think it’ll come down to the wire between us and them for 4th.

1 Like

Almost impossible to not finish top4 with the remaining games in mind. We have by far the easiest schedule between us and Chelsea/ManUtd.

2 Likes

Totally possible lol, but yeah, we have a very good chance now. Basically we need to finish over 2 of Spurs, ManU, and Chelsea. And all of them have difficult schedules compared to us. I think if we win 5 and draw 2, that should be sufficient from final 8 to seal it… would be great if we could nick 3rd even - and totally possible.

2 Likes

Win all our home games and Burnley away, draw to Everton and Watford. Only defeat could be against Wolverhampton.

1 Like

Well we know anything can happen, but that is certainly a doable set of results and would surely seal 3rd or 4th.

2 Likes

But a lot of their remaining home games will be at their new stadium. Hopefully it lacks atmosphere, they take a while to adapt straightaway and fall out of the top 4. Then when they’re playing Europa League football with Tim Sherwood as their manager again, someone says “shit, we should have waited until August to open our stadium.” :smile:

2 Likes

Looking at the fixtures again right now, I really do think it’s for us to lose.

Not trying to undermine the challenge we have because I still think it’s huge but it’s all on us imo

3 Likes

I see Leicester as the hardest of the games away. Burnley also if they are fighting relegation too. But its in our hands.

We’re paying around the $1.55 mark for a top 4 finish, first time I think the betting agencies have had us favoured to finish in the CL spots.

1 Like

Watford, Wolves, Leicester and Everton away are all tough games. Especially Wolves and Leicester under a new manager. Everton seem to step it up with bigger sides. Watford is probably the one we could easily win but they up it agaisnt us at home.

I hope we win them all, but at best I think we win three and draw one (Wolves away).

I think we’ll be able to drop a few points as I think United and Chelsea will also on the run in.

Think we are a better side than Chelsea so i can see us getting something against Everton.

April is pretty full on for us, 8 matches, 6 in the league with 4 of them away + both legs vs Napoli. Good challenge for us and we’ll have to be smart with the use of our squad.

2 Likes

April is stacked beyond stacked. We basically have no choice but to rotate heavily for some games. What you guys reckon ?

2 Likes

Looking forward to the criminally underused Elneny getting game time.

154 mins in the league is a disgrace. He’s fit and healthy

2 Likes

Jesus fucking Christ. Didn’t realise it was so jam packed in April.

Whilst I think there has been an upswing in the quality of our performances recently, the heavy rotation is going to damage our fluidity and momentum.

Not looking forward to seeing old man river Lichsteiner get minutes, and we will definitely have to play BASTARD Mustafi at CB.

4 Likes

Was pretty shocked to see the fixtures too. We could have killed some of the games in March, but no lets watch Moldova against Lichtenstein.

3 Likes

Its a bit odd actually… 4 games from 1st to 15th (also with plenty of rest before 1st) isn’t horrible… its the fact that 15, 18, 21, 24 means every three games for 4 in a row… that will be the real tester. I reckon we will need to take a risk at Crystal Palace and/or hope we put ourselves in a very good position in the first leg against Napoli.

1 Like

How can we have no matches for half of fucking March and then get hit with that? :joy:

4 Likes