We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

Just seen Everton have to play Thursday as well, surely they’ll be a bit fucked by the time they play us, especially playing today with 10 men now for 70 mins.

Hopefully they win today and Thurs, put their feet up next weekend. Still fucked off it’s been engineered to go down to this last game.

1 Like

Don’t know but they do seem to be, probably just down to Kane really.

Is everything wrapped up in tinfoil in your house?

2 Likes

Of course it is. Tinfoil stops 5G. Even my dog knows that.

1 Like

Spurs win as expected.

Are we good enough to beat 14th and 16th placed sides for a spot in the CL ?

With our first choice XI? Absolutely.

With our fourth choice CB who is also our first choice RB, our second choice RB, our second choice LB, our third choice MF all starting? Ehhh. Looks a lot closer, right?

1 Like

All by design in the January window, it’s like we expected zero injuries in the 2nd half of the season.

2 Likes

Maybe also hoped for no more bullshit red cards as well

Imo it’s all on the Newcastle game, we don’t win that then I think top 4 is done. Spurs will beat Norwich, so we need to keep our noses in front and only a win tomorrow will do.

Therefore I’ll save my speculation over what Everton are doing atm, it won’t matter if we get less than 3 points at St James Park.

2 Likes

Fake hands = fake hair.

3 Likes

True but the 11 we will put out will be better than Newcastle by some distance.

3 Likes

I said ages ago this would be the most difficult of our remaining fixtures and would decide if we get top four or not but there is still no excuse not to beat Newcastle.
We’ve got better players, a supposedly better manager and going for a CL place, while they’re mid table.

But after seeing spurs beat us, I don’t think we’ll finish in the top four places.

1 Like

We gave it a good go, just weren’t meant to be this season

3 Likes

3 seasons gone, just 7 more seasons left for the gaffer to get us Top 4. In Arteta we trust. :muscle::muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

Still a good showing this season with a young squad and having to deal with Aubagate.

Knew we weren’t getting top 4 when we cut the squad too much in Jan without bolstering. But still trust the manager in the long run.

4 Likes

This is what happens when you don’t have a striker that can score

2 Likes

This just sucks the soul.
Hate it that Arsenal decides my mood

Spurs need a draw against Norwich to secure top 4 lol

I genuinely feel like this will be true for the majority of fans. Gutted to see us fizzle out like this but I’ll take the bad with the good and carry my hope and optimism into next season.

I really feel like we are in a position to move forward as a club and it’s really devastating not to have the CL to be an added platform to build on but it is what it is.

Just thought I’d get my hopeful final thoughts in too before the floodgates open

1 Like

And us to score a shit tone of goals