We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

Plus the 30 gd spurs have in that time, they were - 9 or so when Conte took over.

yeah I was a bit shocked when I saw the 30… over a season that would amount to more than 1 GD per game, which is damn, damn good. Over Arteta’s tenure with us in Prem league, he has just a little over 30 GD, and that is across over 2.5 seasons.

1 Like

Yeah Arteta’s teams simply don’t score freely, so our GD is never going to be top notch.

1 Like

how can you say that, it is not like he has had decades in the game and the team build is far from being complete.

Ok it’s a smallish sample size but in his first full season it was 55 league goals, this season 56 goals with 2 to play.

well considering who he is working with i think it would make sense to see what he can do with some decent strikers in the team. Beofre you mention Auba he wasnt playing for us so he doesnt count.

I hope we get to that point of Arteta having 16-17 players he genuinely likes and trusts at the same time, because I can’t say either way at this point as to whether that will happen for sure. Players tend to go in and out of favour with Arteta, and often for long spells. It happened with Cedric. Arguably it has happened with Laca, although I don’t disagree with what Arteta has done there, with Eddie in form. Sambi Lokonga also of course is relatively out of favour for now. I get pecking orders but when players get frozen out they get frozen out, with scant opportunity to play themselves back in, even via. 15-20 sub cameo appearances.

The two teams we need to beat for top 4 when they’ve played Spurs they conceded 10 between em last 2 starts. 14th and 16th placed sides. No excuses here.

1 Like

Lmaooooooo listen to urself. Assteta had a dood thats scoring at the same clip as Lewandowski ffs, but he couldnt do shit with him. We’ve seen plenty, Assteta cant manage attacking football for as long as he’s employed by AFC its gonna be a struggle bus.

Auba went from 20 plus scorer in the league to single digits.

Laca went from a 12 to 15 goal scorer to 3.

Do u want us to buy Halaand or someone similar and ruin their goal output too with this waster of a manager?

good grief you are just like that persistent little floater turd that just doesnt flush. The only difference is that the turd has more personality.

1 Like

Lmaoooo sik burn bruh :fire::fire:

Tbf, Newcastle were a different beast back when they played Spurs at St James’.

However, you do make a good point when you talk about opponents and respective results. If Spurs beat Burnley at home, they go 2 points ahead of us (those very 2 points we dropped at home v Burnley)

1 Like

Arteta has got ESR, Saka, and Ode chipping in with goals this season.

Arteta cane into Arsenal with a similar approach to Emery, IMO, of looking to get defensive fundamentals and the spine sorted first, a bit like what was done at City when they flooded money in. Bearing that in mind, and we did continue to spend big on defence last summer, which a lot of people did not expect, but I agree with (50m for White, 30m for Ramsdale, Tomiyasu), I don’t think it is defined that Arteta cannot have a decent output striker as the tip of the spear of a good attacking unit.

As with many things though, we will see next season, and there won’t be any excuses next season, there will have been enough time for Arteta to build the squad he wants after complications of clearing deadwood also, so it will all be on him.

I’m not sure those defensive fundamentals are as good as we’d like tbh, 45 goals conceded with 2 games to play and zero clean sheets since mid March :scream:

1 Like

No, it is not as good as we like, but the priority of where things were started with “projects” is clear. Defensive fundamentals and the spine, both with Emery and Arteta, even if at times the results weren’t there to match their focus.

There will be lol. This is what happens when the club confirms low expectations and underpromises when it comes to results.

If Arsenal take a step back next season people will still be touting the youngest squad line. The new spin from the club’s PR is that we’re “ahead of schedule” so any regression next season will be minimized

8 Likes

Yeah thats a massive red flag to me. Those 3 guys are our best technical players by far, and large chunk of our goals are coming via horse shoe of death and those guys just being individually brilliant. I can count the goals on one hand that we’ve scored through fluid team play where we bypass the defense through slick passing. It doesnt happen theres no system for attacking football in place.

Yeah, I know, intellectual dishonesty with moving goalposts really tests my patience also. I think I’m usually in line with majority view of Arsenal supporters though, even if Kroenke’s don’t seem to care about majority fan sentiment at times, like after the exit against Villarreal last season on the back of a dire few months.

Arteta and the Club survived 2020/21 where we were 15th in December and got dumped out of Europa by Villarreal a couple months later. They’ll survive finishing 5th or whatever easily if we really flop after more investment.

Next season it’ll be “ retaining a European spot after dealing with European competition is considered a success and the club deems itself on the right path “

3 Likes