We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

got a bad feeling about last three games… you never know with Arsenal… they can go on a losing streak for 3 games after beating Leeds United.

Fingers crossed. Very tense

1 Like

They way I see it, anything is possible with this team. We can easily lose to Leeds and basically go into the NLD with all to play for. Given our history of making things extremely difficult for ourselves, I’d say that is a very realistic possibility.

All of the remaining games are tough for us. Leeds are fighting for survival, as are Everton, and Newcastle are in good form. Having said that, Spurs too have 3 tough games coming up, so it’s quite possible, we go into the last game of the season, with 4th still in the balance and if Everton haven’t secured survival till then, we’ll be the ones with the tougher fixture.

Would also be very realistic Spurs somehow get a result at Anfield, like they did at the Etihad. Would be really annoying.

3 Likes

Absolutely, cannot rule that out. We are talking about some real inconsistent teams here.

Why are people just talking about us being inconsistent. spurs just got a win after dropping 5 points to Brighton and Brentford.

2 Likes

teams…plural.

Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs are all inconsistent.

Only United are consistent…consistently shit

2 Likes

Man City lay down for Spurs too often for my liking, it’s really strange.

Liverpool on the other hand have a much better record against them, they’re at Anfield, and when they play in form and with purpose, they will be a formidable test. The title race is too tight for them to lose focus.

This is what I’m banking on, as I’m aware it’s not impossible for them to drop points.

I wish we played our Leeds game first and secured a good win - for Spurs to travel to Anfield already 5 points behind would have been huge psychologically. But we can do our job with what we’ve been given.

2 Likes

Spurs not getting mentioned though in most posts. Just Arsenal.

I suppose the flip side of this is Spurs always give Man City and Liverpool a game. We don’t.

Thoughts?

City try to play their usual game against Spurs and get fucked on the counter every time, and we aren’t City. The match needs to be approached pragmatically, to go there and throw the kitchen sink at them with reckless abandon would be foolish.

8 Likes

My thoughts are we should focus on actually winning against Leeds first because last time we were in a similar position we lost to Palace, Brighton and Southampton.

11 Likes

Pure counter against Spurs.

Their major strength is playing on counter & maximising the space for Son and Kane.
Pull back and let them pass around & work for the opportunities for a counter.

We only need a draw from that game.

Essentially, approach the game like Chelsea.

2 Likes

Can’t believe we took 9 from 9 against Chelsea away, United and West Ham away.

Never saw that coming.

Klopp has to do us a favour against Spurs. Going into the NLD with a 5 point advantage is huge.

3 Likes

Park the fucking bus.

2 Likes

The Spurs version of this thread is amusing

:violin:

Also, seems they have a lot of Aussies

1 Like

Ramsdale tackle shouldn’t be a red card but it should be a free kick to West Ham.

1 Like

Arsenal played the long game getting the NLD called of for covid.

Arteta has done it again

Did he buy some dodgy LFT’s from Klopp :henry2:

2 Likes

This was my thoughts also, ball was played too far away from Bowen for it to be a clear goal scoring opportunity. But certainly contact was made for it to be considered a foul.