Wilfried Zaha

6 goals in 18 appearances this season. Doesn’t need to start against the better teams but could do a job for us against the teams lower down in the league or as a super sub.

1 Like

On loan i’d agree but they would never loan him unless paddy wanted to sacrifice his job for Arsenal to win the PL again.

6 months left on his contract. Could get for a low fee…

He’s lost his pace man. He got beat in a race by Eriksen today. Can’t run at players like he used to.

He still wants to be the same guy he was 5 years ago but it’s not coming off.

He needs to adjust his playing style now.

1 Like

I didn’t see the match so can’t comment on this evening. But didn’t he draw a foul from Casemiro who got a yellow card for it which means he can’t play on Sunday? Sounds like an Arsenal player to me

2 Likes

Hahah, Casemiro was daft for his yellow tbf.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating that Zaha should be our transfer priority, but we need to strengthen and do think he could do a job second half of the season for us, IF we can’t secure one of our main targets. Would he really fail to score against Everton, Bournemouth or Forest atm?

I’m sure I’ve said it before but Zaha is not an ‘Arteta guy’. Just no chance it happens.

4 Likes

Ok, what would you bring him as?

If we were talking about the Wilf of few years ago I’d be more than happy.

I don’t think he can play as a touchline winger anymore and I don’t think he can play up top for us right away. Perhaps he could be taught to do so but then that beats the whole point of getting him sice he won’t hit the ground running.

There’s also the team dynamics that worry me. Wilf’s got quite a big ego, natural for a player like him, not sure how he would feel being in the locker room with a bunch of kids and he’s not seen as the star of the team.
Could pose unnecessary drama. That’s the last thing we need.

1 Like

Not good enough to play in the Premier League anymore? That is ridiculous!

Exactly. His numbers for a poor Palace team are nothing to baulk at. He’s changed his game though - far less explosive.

Was meant to say at a high standard.

He’s been looking totally shot mentally recently. He doesn’t have the explosiveness he had and he gets gassed far more easily.

He’ll have to adjust his game now, and it’ll take time. And he’s gonna enter a period now when he’s no longer a big fish in a small pond, and mentally that could be hard for him.

1 Like

The style of play of the team may impact on Zaha…Vieira may be asking him to do more defensively than he was previously used to. Given his experience I’m sure he could come in and do a job either upfront or on the left wing when required.

Let’s hope we sign another top target so we don’t have to have this conversation on deadline day lol

2 Likes

For what is worth, I’m 99% we ain’t signing anyone over 24 that doesn’t come in and improve the first team.

That’s why Trossard link is also dead imo.

Yeah but then we’re stuck with him for 2-3 years which is not really something I’d want tbh.

We could literally offer him a 1yr 1/2 year contract. Maybe we need to take a leaf out of Barca’s book this window, IF we can’t secure a top target

Getting fouled by Casemiro was the best thing he did all night :slight_smile:

Lets face it, if this guy was legit top 6 worthy, he wouldn’t have spent the peak of his career at Crystal fucking Palace fighting relegation each season.

5 Likes

Not fair, Palace priced him out of a move.

Remember when we wanted him what their demands were?

2 Likes

If a player really wanted to move and a buying club was legit interested and willing, it would have happened.

2 Likes