The PL on streaming services

If they want more subscribers than the existing sky base they have to be creative. 120 quid a year or so or even say 80 for a season ticket for all Arsenal games only and I’d sign up. Anything more than that would cause me to really think about it. There’s plenty like me out there who couldn’t give a fuck about the rest of the league and is only interested in their own club. If they don’t play to that market in something like this they will miss out.

Absolutely, no way I waste my time watching Palace vs Brighton or whatever lol

The “big” head to head games like Man Utd vs Liverpool and Chelsea vs Man Utd etc etc. often fail to deliver anything particularly exhilarating as well.

I literally only care about Arsenal. I haven’t watched a CL game since we dropped out of the competition.

2 Likes

Haha cool. I like watching all the PL games

Yeh man Prime and Netflix are two subscriptions I don’t mind parting with my money over but I’m worried things are going to get too compartmentalised. Soon this streaming golden age will be more expensive than sky and BT because you need so many different platforms.

Also in that Guardian article it mentioned that the streaming service might not work in the UK because of Sky and BT. Fuck right off with that, Sky and BT’s sports empires deserve to the collapse when this shit comes in as they been gouging their customers for years with their greed.

2 Likes

Have to be honest I’m worried we will be the only country not to get it like we are the only ones to not get the 3pm games :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeh it sounds like it. Such a stupid rule that people in the UK have the worst viewing rights in the entire world for the EPL.

I suppose if a good platform for streaming comes in you could grab a VPN but that’s more expense and a bit of a fuck on.

1 Like

Yeah so I want something else for my money like free delivery, tv shows and films etc.

I hate Liverpool, Chelsea, United and Spurs so don’t want to spend my time watching them win. I’m indifferent to City and the rest of the league are pretty shit so spending £30 or whatever for only a few games isn’t cost effective for me at all.

Whereas if Prime or Netflix get it, that makes a lot more sense because then the Arsenal games are a nice bonus addition.

I’d probably be happy to pay £5 surcharge a month on Prime or Netflix to get the Arsenal games though, if they didn’t want to just offer them for free.

The best thing would be if the PL offered a band or bracket, where you pay £5 a month to only watch one teams games, £10 a month for 4 teams or like £45 a month for every match etc.

I think they’d get more subscribers that way.

I’m lucky in that my Parents in law live in America, and have cable so I use a VPN and use their log on to watch every single arsenal game.

Like before that, I just streamed Arsenal games. The rule is well intentioned but doesn’t make a difference. The people that go to watch Waterlooville and Sutton and all these League 2 teams and shit will carry on doing that. They’re not there in the freezing cold pissing down rain because they can’t watch United vs Palace on tv lol

I never go watch a local league game because I can’t watch Arsenal :joy:

3 Likes

Haha that is true, like you say maybe twenty years ago it would have worked better when TV was more of an event but it’s actually the opposite these days- you can watch about 7 shite games on TV but you can’t go see you’re local team every day and proper fans will never stop doing that.

1 Like

Just my opinion…but the only way it would be realistic for the PL to sign up to DAZN as the primary broadcaster would be if they got basically all the money in advance. Sky and Amazon aren’t going anywhere but who knows if DAZN will be viable in the long run.

1 Like

About time they did this. Make it affordable and all games available they be onto a winner

1 Like

I’d honestly just stick with streams either way.

2 Likes

Can almost guarantee affordability won’t be a priority for the Premier League.

4 Likes

They could have a variety of packages too. Some people want to see everything and obviously they can do that, but for example, if you could pay a lower fee and have just the Arsenal games (for example) I bet you’d see loads more people with a subscription.

3 Likes

Yes please, and have different subscription plans.

I’d happily pay £15-£20 a month to watch every Arsenal game.