Where are you going on holiday?

What’s that?

I meant Palace Monserrat

2 Likes

The Severn Valley Railway is a nice trip .
I went for a murder mystery evening on one of their steam trains. It was a simple but fun evening.

2 Likes

Ah it’s interesting. I missed this place in my Lisbon research somehow

Used to be my neck of the woods that about a year ago, beautiful part of the world.

1 Like

@Trion Palácio de Monserrate was definitely worth the visit. Especially its gardens. With a ruin reminiscent of a tomb raider film. We are even contemplating going once again just for the gardens.

11 Likes

Looks majestic
Moorish architecture were interesting

1 Like

Have you been to Pena Palace?

It’s not Moorish , architecturally it’s romantic neo gothic

2 Likes

Not yet, maybe we manage to go tomorrow! I heard it’s a beautiful place as well.

Day after tomorrow we’re going a little north to stay on a farm and then back to Lisbon for 3 days. Any suggestions for Lisbon? Must-sees?

1 Like

I don’t know what you are into because there is so much to see and do but if you are on a short break the must sees can include the following.
The Mosteiro dos Jeronimos by the waterfront, nearby is the famous Pasteis de Belem where you can indulge yourself with the Pasteis Nata.
The Oceanario de Lisboa is an amazing aquarium.
Head towards the Baixa district and go up the Elevador de Santa Justa for some lovely views
If you love books go to the old Alfama district which is a beautiful part of the city and visit the oldest bookshop in Lisbon, Libraria Bertrand.

1 Like

Definitely will be checking out the Alfama district and the oldest bookshop. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 Like

Off to Salou in Spain tomorrow, got a few days of Portaventura theme park booked as well as tickets to Barca’s last game of the season to say my Auba goodbyes :grin:

Any suggestions welcome!

4 Likes

Slowest queue is the log flume. Do it first.

1 Like

Not only does my girlfriend put up with me, she prefers beer over wine as well. Lucky guy I am :man_shrugging:t4:

Our next little stay a bit more land inwards. Really loving Portugal so far. Generally friendly people, good food and great locations.

Can’t wait to check out Alfama and Baixa district in Lisbon as per @Jesseviolin recommendation.

10 Likes

Nice little quinta you’re staying at by the looks of it. Portuguese food is underrated, I love the simplicity of it. After years of Italian food it’s a relief to have a diet without sauces.

1 Like

Yeah we are very happy so far with the food. Last year we were in Spain and generally really didn’t like Spanish food. Glad the Portuguese are better at it l! Much better!

1 Like

Awesome dude.

My current view lol

3 Likes

I can’t figure this out. Are you standing looking up? And is this Dubai?

1 Like