Where are you going on holiday?

Just got back from New Brunswick and a quick stop into Prince Edward Island. Typical wet coastal weather, but hey we’re over there again in August. Drove the Confederation Bridge onto P.E.I., but the rub is that it’s a $50 toll to drive it back onto the mainland. Cute, eh?

3 Likes

Cool, you don’t went to Anne of Green Gables land!

Yeah, we were on a one-day jaunt and only got as far as Summerside. Avonlea is over on the other side of the island.

Went to Bilbao/Cantabria from Friday-Wednesday. Started out in Cantabria from Friday to Sunday and had a massive party and laugh with about 20 uni friends I’ve known for almost 13 years before then spending 2 nights in Bilbao. It was absolutely wonderful. I can’t sing the praises of Bilbao and Cantabria enough. Some of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever seen, and the food was absolutely incredible. Personal highlights were the Guggenheim and it’s temporary “Motion” rare car exhibit, the Ribera food market and just the lovely architecture and how easy it was to walk everywhere.

Beers, glasses of wine were £2 and double rum and cokes in swanky bars were £6. Main courses in lovely restaurants were no more than £10-£15. Bilbao was exquisite and I can highly recommend it.

13 Likes

En route to Dam for the weekend.

Currently passing through the French countryside

10 Likes

Is the museum worth it? @Cristo

100% absolutely.

It’s only £15 to get in which is a bargain compared to most museums but if you’re ever in Bilbao you have to go! It’s very impressive, and that temporary car exhibit is one of the best exhibits I’ve ever seen

1 Like

Yeah I will be visiting Bilbao but I was gonna skip the museum or only stop by for an hour.
Will modify plans. Thanks.

It seems the temporary car exhibit has been going on going on for years, I went there a few years ago when they had all these art deco 30s cars, sweeping Bugattis and Lagondas.

2 Likes

My alarms for tomorrow :joy:

5 Likes

:joy:

Have fun in Dublin mate!!

1 Like

Set one more for 6. First pint.

3 Likes

I’m hoping to go on Eurostar for a long weekend in Belgium. I’ve not been for years .
Only a short break as building work is due to start !

1 Like

Yea, I’d love to take a trip on Eurostar. I’m also tempted by many of the preserved steam loco trips around the U.K. these days.

2 Likes

Going to Portugal tomorrow with the partner in crime and our newborn (3 months). Will be a novel experience.

If it gets too difficult, I am sure @Jesseviolin wouldn’t mind baby sitting? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha my babysitting is restricted to animals only, whereabouts are you going to be in Portugal?

1 Like

We will first stay in Sintra, a friend of mine opened a hotel and let’s us stay at a friendly rate. Then we will stay a few nights in Lisbon. I was thinking of driving north a little as I heard it is beautiful.

1 Like

Sintra is beautiful you must visit Pena Palace, Lisbon is a wonderful place to visit too. Take care if you are driving though as they are all crazy here.
If you are going north try Coimbra, it’s a great university town with plenty of excellent backstreet restaurants.
Just to let you know summer is here, 34° central

1 Like

I’ve done done Belgium a few times, Bruges, Antwerp, Gent and Brussels. Thought Brussels was a bit of a dump compared to the rest. Good fun to be had in all though.

I’m dying for a trip away though. I hired a VW Camper last year and did the coast of Cornwall which I really enjoyed not quite the same as getting out of the country though.

2 Likes

Yeah I think we have Monserrat planned to visit. I have driven in some hectic places so I have faith I can manage Portuguese drivers as well :smile:

1 Like