Where are you going on holiday?

I’d do some careful planning and preparing if you go to Iceland in Nov/Dec. It can be very unpredictable as far as weather goes, the darkness isn’t for everyone and you may need to take a bigger car if you plan on doing a lot of driving.
That being said, you’ll have a great time if you go there with an idea in mind of what you want to do and you’ll avoid most of the tourism which probably is the biggest pro.

1 Like

Adelaide Oval, my favourite standing room area in the country.

7 Likes

Long weekend in Copenhagen anyone? Can’t get the time off work, would be all over it otherwise. Daft price, but given that you’ll have to fly with Ryan Air I guess it’s adequate :joy:

2 Likes

Damn that’s dirt cheap

Yeah but you’ve also got to fly out from Southend

Nice and quiet little airport, from central London it doesn’t take a whole lot longer (if it even is longer) to get to than Luton, Gatwick, Heathrow etc. No way is it inconvenient enough vs other airports to negate how sensational that price is lol

Ahh how long does it take to get to? I thought it was more like Stanstead in how long it would take me to get there

The above post was just off the top of my head, I’ve just checked and it is a 59 minute train from Liverpool Street. So particularly if you work in the City, that’s pretty fucking convenient. If you were coming from home in Fulham, less so, but still not all that bad tbh.

Suppose it does depend on where you are living and working in London, but for me Southend is no more inconvenient than any other, aside from London City Airport which I live about twenty minutes from :grin:

Southend is generally pretty quiet though, so that is a big upside vs most other airports around London. Crowded airports full of gormless cunts make me feel quite punchy and stabby

1 Like

When I read @Cristo 's post, I just thought he was slagging off Southend as a place rather than complaining about the distance. I was about to agree with him :laughing:

Exactly what @JakeyBoy was getting at, for under £8 return there really is no complaining. They are doing similar prices to Bilbao aswell.

I loathe airports these days, full of people who act like they’ve never been on holiday or fucking flown on a plane before so think it’s acceptable to act like council cunts, the quiteness of Southend would be a godsend.

1 Like

Yeah so Liverpool Street is a good 45 minutes for me to get to, but I guess 1hr45 for tickets that cheap isn’t too bad.

Heathrow is definitely easiest for me to get to from home though. But if I was going from work on Fleet Street then I could see how that is convenient

1 Like

Yeah, an hour forty five for flights that cost less than a fucking travel card is not bad :joy:

I’ll be moving to Essex fairly soon with the gf, about a fifteen minute cab ride from Southend Airport, so this kind of price is quite exciting, if a fairly regular occurrence. They actually have a really cool set of destinations from there, lots of more obscure places in Europe that look like they’d be really cool to visit.

Which is great for me as I have been to almost twenty different European countries, so I’d quite like to add a few more to that list.

1 Like

So one of the reasons it was brought to my attention was through a weekly newsletter I signed up for back last year, Jack’s flight club. He searches the cheapest or mistake fairs that airlines offer and then sends them out weekly via email it’s mostly the bigger airports but now and again the smaller ones come up good.

2 Likes

@JakeyBoy @Cristo

Me and my girlfriend flew out from Southend last year for a holiday. While I agree it’s really nifty to get through due to low output, it’s terrible of you’re someone who likes to spent time in duty free either shopping around or getting a few drinks/food in.

I’m currently in Paphos feeding my inner geek by browsing the world heritage sites.

6 Likes

Trying to organize something for Easter. Would love to go to Wien.

2 Likes

Definitely one of my most favourite European cities!

1 Like

Yep, very cool, clean and full of things to visit.

Scotland? :wink:

Wien is a good shout, been there a couple of times, was never disppaointed.

Believe it or not, one of the places I’ve never been to but really need to is Edinburgh!

1 Like