What's the last video game you played?

My son is waiting to buy it for his switch when it comes out in a few months. Speaking of which, I’m amazed they’re even releasing it on that format given the limitations of the system.

If it’s two player then I’m expecting to be roped into playing it at some point.

I’ve just started Star Wars Fallen Order. This game be hard.

2 Likes

It is pretty hard right! I found myself switching difficulty in game when I got stuck on a single encounter or boss for hours, before switching it back up to the harder difficulty again once back in regular play.

How fucking cursed are that game’s maps by the way?!?! Navigation was an absolute fucking nightmare lmao.

I stopped playing it, but I really should go back to it again, its not a bad game at all.

That’s because it’s a soulstype, and honestly it’s one of the more forgiving of that genre. I’m not really much of a Star Wars fan but I really enjoyed it, you just gotta stick with it and eventually you’ll be fine.

The maps are the way they are for a reason too Jake, eventually you’ll be able gain new abilities and access parts you couldn’t before. It’s all part of the progression system.

It can be rather daunting if you’re not used to it and haven’t played anything like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Elden Ring ring.

It’s a really fun game though once you find your flow.

Oh no, I get that, and had no problem with the level layout. When I say map, I meant the little 3D hologram representation of the level that you can bring up in game, I found those fuckers so horrible to interpret.

Yeh anything that does that 3d style is more trouble that it’s worth. I actually loved the worlds and just explored without relying on it too much

They aren’t as big as that little map made them look, they just feel a little larger as you can get one hit by some mob and spend ages running in circles. After a while you know them all off by heart more or less.

How far did you get in the end?

1 Like

I largely sidnt use the map, the times when I remember having to use it was on a coupleof levels where I’d handled my shit and needed to find my way back to my ship. There was a level/world or two that I remember strugglingto make my way back. Might just be a me problem though haha

Couldn’t for the life of me tell you where I got up to though, unfortunately, I bought it almost at release and then put it down fairly soon after (though I did definitely play for a bit, I didnt drop it super early in the game, I know that much)

I heard its a Soulslike, and the fact I found it difficult is why I’ve not dipped into the genre further, as everyone said it’s one of the easier games in that genre lol

Yep it’s definitely the souls type but an idiot version. And yes I tried to start it on Grand Master right away and got humbled quickly. Furthermore the 3d map is ass, just gotta use your sense of direction which actually adds more fun to it.

I think that was a big issue for a lot of people, they thought they were getting a fun jedi lighsaber game and ended up just getting wrecked. So tons of people just gave up. Though that’s a hallmark of Soulsbornes in general as only about 10-15% seem to make it past the first boss in these games.

But yeh they’re worth it in my experience. Bloodborne would be up there in my top games of all time. I can’t recommend it enough to people

Here I am, still playing Skyrim… there are cabbages to steal.

2 Likes

Definitely me lmao but I’m seeing it through. It’s not that hardcore tbf.

1 Like

It’s really not I played it only the second hardest difficulty too and there were only a handful of moments where I wanted to cry and smash the controller. Which is nothing in these types of games.

Not to mention the story gets pretty fucking good towards the end as you get kitted out.

1 Like

I played it on the 3rd hardest for the first 4 hrs or so but I died so many times and was on the verge of therapy so had to tone it down lol

Some difficulties in games can be such bullshit that they actually fuck with your enjoyment. I remember having to do that in Nier because the first 2 hours of that game had perma death where you had to completely reset.

Solid way to put people off your game before they even get to a save point

1 Like

I just sunk 20 hours into finishing ff7 remake after i got it day one. Had a long weekend (thanks to my 4 day working week), no women to monopolize my time and a whole load if nothing on schedule :partying_face: now I need to do the same with my other games before I buy a new one

Visiting Arthur Morgan’s grave was my very last action playing this game, felt like a fitting way to finally hit 100% and say my goodbyes

What a fucking experience that was. Incredible game.

6 Likes

You’re ballsy getting 100%. I went for it and couldn’t hack it. Do wanna go back and get all the achievements eventually. How many hours did it take you?

416 hours and 28 minutes :joy:

Only game I’ve played since October lol

5 Likes

Think I only clocked about 80. I got a ways to go :joy::joy::joy:

I’m genuinely unsure if that’s the total time I’ve had the game open on my Xbox, including pause time and shit, or if that time is all active gameplay. Tried googling but couldn’t find an answer anywhere.