What was the last film you watched?

The motive that brings the aliens to Earth in Arrival is lame and done to death, and the depiction of the Chinese is shabby, but otherwise its a really good film. Bladerunner was brilliant, I liked it a lot. So nice to see a slowed down, visually interesting film for once in the cinema. Even Harrison Ford was excellent. I was expecting it to go downhill once he cropped up, but if anything he genuinely added some depth and bleakness to the story.

1 Like

The Ritual. Just simply dreadful.

American Made - Based on a true story and i really enjoyed it

Saw a mountain between us with the Mrs last night.

Shaun of the Dead. Sooo, good. Haven’t watched it for years and only just noticed it was filmed very close by :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Geostorm

Got what I expected :smiley: A cliché filled disaster movie. Looked good in IMAX 3D though.

One of my favourite films that haha. Anever fails to make me laugh

1 Like

Happy Death Day = Nothing outstanding but not the worse film ive ever seen. Basically a girl goes through a groundhog day situation of reliving a murder attempt on herself.
Hundred minutes long and given a bit of artistic licence it entertained. 7 out of 10.

Happy death day 6/10
Jigsaw- plenty of twists 8/10
Thor 3: 8/10 best Thor film out the three.

Just watched Road To Perdition again.
It is quite stylised and violent but it has a great story line with some very good twists and great acting from Paul Newman, Tom Hanks, Daniel Craig and Jude Law who were all brilliant.

2 Likes

An unintentional B movie :slight_smile:

The Drop (2014)

“Bob Saginowski finds himself at the center of a robbery gone awry and entwined in an investigation that digs deep into the neighborhood’s past where friends, families, and foes all work together to make a living - no matter the cost.”

Stars Tom Hardy, James Gandolfini and Noomi Rapace. The ending was :ok_hand:

Tom Hardy is bloody alright (acting wise), ain’t he? :eyes:

2 Likes

The Devils Double.

A movie about Saddam Hussein’s crazy psychopath son Uday and his hunt for a body double. The trailer comes off as quite comedic and it does have it’s moments but its more of an insight into how fucked up this guy was.

Rewatched a couple. Monsieur Verdoux and

Once (2007)

A busker in Dublin meets a foreign girl from the Czech Republic who he befriends and eventually makes music with.

I really liked this really small budget Irish film. I also liked the Academy Award winning song in it.

1 Like

Baby Driver gets CinemaSinned. :sunglasses:

Finally saw Barry Lyndon. What a brilliant film. I was engrossed from start to finish. Highly recommended, and do ignore the reviewers who say it’s boring, or Kubrick at his worst. It’s a masterpiece.

1 Like

I enjoyed that film but it definitely was trying to piggy back on some of the stylistic success of films like Driver. Not to mention the suspension of disbelief needed to be strong throughout the entire run-time. I remember watching it and being like WTF when they only ordered cokes during that diner scene in particular.

1 Like

Thought Baby Driver was bloody awful lol

It Comes at Night

Awful, just awful. Waste of my time.

Nothing comes at night, at all
 Loads of build-up with intense music with the worst anticlimax you can imagine.

1 Like

Daddy’s home 2 - not as funny as the first one but still enjoyable 6/10

justice League - wasn’t expecting much from this film was expecting it to be abit off mess considering it’s a 2hour film that had to intrudocue us to unknown superheroes and the big bad but this film delivers it’s a very tight film that allowes everyone to shine. Not going to lie hearing the superman and Tim burtons Batman music gave me goosebumps.
8/10

Tho Warner Brothers need to give us a solo Ben Affleck batman soon because batfleck movie could be a great film that delivery’s a much closer comic batman compared to Nolan’s batman films.