What was the last film you watched?

Ex Machina (2014)

A coder working for a Google-esque internet search company is invited to the boss’ isolated home where he is gifted the opportunity to perform tests on his boss’ latest - very secretive - invention… A hot advanced AI robot chick. :stuck_out_tongue:

That ending… :gabriel:

3 Likes

Watched ‘It’ last night, was very good and pretty funny too. The kid actors did a great job.

It’s not out and out horror but still has a few jumpy moments, nice to see that it’s crushing it at the box office.

1 Like

Watched it today and enjoyed it. Sort of Stand by me at Halloween.

1 Like

Yeah also shades of The Goonies.

1 Like

IT surprised me. Much, much better than I thought it would be. I definitely see the analogies with Stand By Me, and Goonies.

It also reminded me of the original Nightmare on Elm Street.

2 Likes

Mark Kermode made comparisons with all three of those films, good work Jules.

That’s the guy with the quiff?

Indeed it is. Bit too pretentious at times but he knows his stuff

All that tells me is I probably watch too many films.

Kermode is brilliant. His rant on POTC 3 is quite amusing.

1 Like

If you’re going to work this hard to not accept a compliment then I give up :wink:

Most of King’s work draws similarities as it mostly exists within his own fictional world. Certainly hope this adaption is as good as people say, it’s been quite some time since I’ve seen his work portrayed well on the big or small screen.

Never heard of that Kermode bloke, but his voice sounds familiar… Strange.

He doesn’t seem to like POTC…Proud to say I’ve never seen one of them.

In a 2012 Sight & Sound poll of cinema’s greatest films, Kermode indicated his ten favourites, given alphabetically, as Brazil, The Devils, Don’t Look Now, The Exorcist, Eyes Without a Face, It’s a Wonderful Life, Mary Poppins, A Matter of Life and Death, Pan’s Labyrinth, and The Seventh Seal.[23]

Seen 2 and a half of his 10 fave films.

Which one didn’t you finish?

For what it’s worth, not knowing about Kermode is a good thing. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty bad at noticing those :confused:

1 Like

:santi:

http://wfiles.brothersoft.com/t/the_seventh_seal_60351-1600x1200.jpg

:open_mouth:

1 Like

I tried twice and both times I just wasn’t in the right mood for it. Haven’t made it to the chess game part yet, which seems like it would be the best part(s).

You liked the Seventh Seal?

Yes.

Not sure about that. They’re the most iconic moments, though.

I should say though, that I only consider it to be a very good film and not the supreme kind of masterpiece that its reputation would suggest that it is. Other films of his from the same decade, such as Sawdust and Tinsel and Smiles of a Summer Night, are better films that deserve much more love. :slight_smile:

1 Like