What was the last film you watched?

Yeah I’ve seen those but I don’t really trust ratings much, some of the highest rated films when they’re released are dead.

I saw the trailer to Bond, I know it’s going to be crap I’ll watch that at home, so excited for Dune though.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not a Dune fan but my mate wants to drag me to one of those fancy cinemas to watch it. Greater spec, higher definition. I think it’s a step up from IMAX.

1 Like

Have to say I was rather skeptical about Ben Affleck playing a blonde French count called Pierre when I saw the trailer. But this is a solid film. Really impressed with Jodie Comer’s acting, made this film a success for me.

Plus: medieval setting, lots of blood and gore. Decent storyline. Solid 8/10.

3 Likes

I’m really excited for this, I love Scott’s period pieces like Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven and Robin Hood.

The trailer looks amazing, although I was sceptical of Affleck’s casting.

That said, it has absolutely bombed so far. Opening weekend took $4m lol

Don’t know what they were thinking releasing it in between No Time To Die and Halloween Kills. Dune releasing soon will just be the nail in the coffin.

1 Like

Palm Springs on Amazon is really good, very funny. One of those films that I’d really recommend going into without reading a single review or watching a single trailer, as it’s that kind of film that’s all the more enjoyable for just experiencing in the moment, without knowing what direction the film will take. Then when it takes an unexpected direction its all the more enjoyable and intriguing.

Get on it people, I don’t think you’ll regret it.

2 Likes

Yeah I really enjoyed Palm Springs as well.

Great little comedy to watch without asking too much of the audience. Perfect for a dreary Monday evening (when Arsenal aren’t playing).

1 Like

Watched a film called nobody over the weekend, which is strange for me as I rarely watch films.

Wasn’t bad, even if some of the scenes were over the top.

1 Like

Was going through the top 10 in the UK on Netflix and Night Teeth in 5th place caught my interest. Watched it and it’s a decent movie tbf.

One of the main characters is hot as fuck aswell haha

Watched Rocky II for the first time today after watching Rocky for the first time a week ago.

Loved them, they’re so great m. Very wholesome and genuine films.

4 Likes

Enjoy it. They get worse as they go on.

3 Likes

Free Guy is a good watch.

Will not mind watching it again in 7 years while I forget the plot.

Rocky 4 is a masterpiece. An absolute work of art. The training montage to end all training montages. Yelling your arch enemy’s name from the top of a Russian mountain. The ridiculously over-the-top cold war propaganda. David versus Goliath. Revenge and reconciliation.

I have such an urge to watch this film now. “If I can change, and you can change…”. Fucking classic.

3 Likes

#hearts on fire#

There is so much trivia behind the film as well.

Stallone marrying Bridgitte Neilsen (“My husband is a fighter, not a killer!”)
Carl Weathers and Dolph Lungdren having real life beef.
Stallone telling Lungdren to hit him as hard as he liked in training and Stallone’s lungs actually detached from his ribs.
Lungdren’s look of stupefying disbelief when the #duh duh duh duh OW! Livin in A-merica# hits is actually real and not scripted.

I’m gonna “throw the damn towel!” on this argument. You win.

2 Likes

Maybe I was in a bad mood last night, don’t know, but Eternals seemed a bit sh*t to me. Will see how the box office numbers pan out.

JoJo Rabbit

Good watch. Has its moments of levity that made me chuckle. Also some poignant moments of pathos.

It’s got great acting all round.

6.5/10

I’ve been meaning to watch it. I’m gonna go off your description rather than the rating of 6.5 and stick with the impression I got from your post that it’s worth seeing.

I watched Shot Caller the other day. Nikolai Coster Waldau, Jaime Lannister from GoT plays a wealthy white collar worker who gets sent to prison and becomes embroiled in white supremacist prison gangs. It’s no masterpiece, but probably better than you’d expect it to be if you stumbled across it blind on Netflix, like I did. I quite like prison films, not just ones like Shawshank or Green Mile, but more modern ones that deal with the various racial groupings/gangs. If you’re into that kinda stuff I’d definitely recommend this.

Felon is a pretty similar vibe, another film I’d also recommend. Solid 7/10 modern prison films, nothing amazing or groundbreaking but definitely not a regrettable use of 2 hours.

2 Likes

Finally saw no time to die bond film.

Was good. Fukunaga direction especially. But too long. 7/10.

Better than spectre

Getting kicked in the balls would be better than Spectre, probably the most forgettable film I’ve ever seen

1 Like

I’m halfway through a British one called ‘Screwed’ on Netflix. I think you’d enjoy it (because I remember us talking about ‘Michael, inside’ a while back)

It’s on Netflix with a few familiar actors.

Give it a go :blush:

Finally got round to watching on prime the Sir Alex Ferguson documentary film made by his son. Talking about his recovery from his brain haemorrhage and his life and career.

What a film. Greatest manager ever.