What are you watching?

Bates Motel

Season 1 Ep 3. Just started watching this.

Has anyone seen all seasons? Should I keep watching?

I watched about half a season and thought it was a bit poo.

1 Like

It’s quality, Vera Farmiga is a goddess and Shammy has no taste.

I enjoyed most off it tho feel the last season was a let down

Just finished season 3 of The Expanse. I do love a good space soap opera.

1 Like

6 seasons and Agents of Shield is still the best superhero based series ever

I found Daredevil, Punisher and the earlier seasons of Arrow much better. Marvel’s Shield is way too vanilla at times.

Fair enough but their plots are excellent and well stitched.

I enjoyed it at the start but the Daisey stuff started to do my head in a little. I also don’t think it lends itself to the 24 episode format, it could be half that and a lot tighter. Daredevil on Netflix was a very solid 13 episodes a season show with next to no filler.

1 Like

Season 6 & 7 are 13 episodes long now.
Plus previous season used to have 2 plots so it was fine with me.

Jurassic Park 3. ITV 2.

Fucking love these movies so much, Jurassic Park was the first movie I saw in the cinema as a kid.

I love the theme tune as well. One of those strangely reminiscent theme tunes that reminds me of my childhood.

There’s a discussion going on in the Avengers: Endgame thread about how the Avengers has knocked Avatar off the no.1 spot for the highest grossing film of all time. I don’t think anyone would have had any complaints had Jurassic Park taken that mantle, given how it’s universally liked

Watched the first episode of The Boys on Amazon prime. Essentially it’s a what if the Avengers or Justice League were a pack of cunts.

Really hooked, absolutely love these false hero dynamics and would recommend it to anyone who’s a fan of Watchmen, Umbrella Academy etc.

5 Likes

Just watched the first episode and I thought it was great. Definitely gonna blitz this series.

1 Like

Hard for other platforms to compete against this package.

The Disney monopoly on entertainment is truly outstanding, I’d complain more more the output is quality content

1 Like

Nice if you live in American/Canada but what they going to bundle in the uk Disney+ and now tv pass.

Tho I would love a Disney+ and Skysports pass

Just watched Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix, fantastic documentary on Sunderland’s relegation Championship season in 2018/19 season. I liked the Man City documentary but I always prefer docs on teams who failed, it makes for more interesting subjects. From an uncaring owner in Ellis Short, who’s only seen as a showdy figure near the end. A CEO in Martin Bain who had impossible job to keep Sunderland in the Championship with no money at all.

I know Simon Grayson didn’t like his portrayal in the doc, but he was clearly a manager out of his depth with that Sunderland job. Chris Coleman seemed like a nice guy, but I always felt like that he works better as a international manager then a club one. Some of the Villains of the piece are definitely former owner Ellis Short, loanee signing Lewis Grabban who is their top scorer for first part of the season, acts like he’s Ronaldo and feels he shouldn’t be taken off at 70 minutes, and celebrates in front of the fans when he comes back and scores for Aston Villa. Jack Rodwell, the former Everton and Man City big money signing is seen as greedy lazy good for nothing who is happily willing to sit around and take the pay cheque. I thought fromer Man Utd and Everton player Darron Gibson isn’t shown in a great light either as he comes off like he’s got a massive problem with the booze.

Overall a very good documentary, the staff that runs the club from behind the scenes seem like a lovely bunch (the woman cook been a stand out) and must have seen some amount of bad times at Sunderland but never let it them down. Season 2 is supposedly on it’s way. Can;t wait.

4 Likes

Watched it earlier this year. Enjoyed it much more than the City one like you

I think it’s just not as much fun watching a team win stuff or be successful in terms of TV documentaries. I know Amazon is doing a Documentary on Leeds with Russell Crowe narrating it, that should be interesting. That’s the second time Sunderland made for great TV documentary, the BBC made a great one on them back in the mid 90’s well worth watching called Premier Passions, it’s on YouTube.

Final Space :slight_smile:

1 Like