What are you watching?

How to get away with murder.

Michaela is so fucking annoying.

I couldn’t handle more than a couple of episodes of that. Stick your partial flashbacks up your hole you fucks.

It doesn’t last too much longer, and Viola Davis is quality in it.

Season 1 was decent but it descended it to complete dross after season 1 and I had to pack it in mid way through the second season.

1 Like

Realised I didn’t get around to my annual Band of Brothers rewatch last year. For me, the best thing I’ve ever seen on a screen.

Currahee homies

6 Likes

Ha, I do the same. I usually watch it during my Christmas holidays.

Shame The Pacific never reached the heights of BoB.

2 Likes

Yeah man, I usually watch it during the colder months too. The Bastogne episode just feels way more real when it’s cold and dreary outside, kind of makes you reflect on what they had to go through

1 Like

Natural selection at its finest :joy::joy::ok_hand:

Just finished the third series of Line or Duty. Wow.

4 Likes

All they needed to do was make it like BoB but in the Pacific and it would have been a sure fire winner.

1 Like

The acting in that was complete dross. Didn’t even finish it.

1 Like

so that’s when Freddie and John first met:

Good Omens

I liked it. It’s adorable funny and what not.

I wouldn’t have recommended it to you guys, but turns out it has outraged Christians to the point of petition (they sent the petition to Netflix rather than Prime), so my show valuation has gone four folds.

And why is this a good thing?

Because trigger juice is the best juice

Not particularly.

The Charlie Hebdo cartoon was aimed to amuse. It wasn’t amusing.

The play Besthi, depicting a sikh girl being raped in a gurdwara was aimed to entertain. It wasn’t entertaining.

My personal view about the Life of Brian, which has been lambasted by the christian church, was that it was pretty lame (although critics say otherwise)

Controversy doesn’t necessarily breed success

This is England 88 & 90.
Finished off both series and loved them both. So much resonated with me on the time frame of this.
The drama though throughout it all episodes was great. Funny, moving, sad but totally compelling Im thinking this is one of the best things ive ever watched.
Scene with Milky and Combo in the cafe stay with me a long time.
Made me think back on a lot of situations and how we dont all make it. As relevant today as when that was set. Brilliant body of work that.

1 Like

I loved This Is England but fuck me is it depressing

Id substitute desperate for depressing myself. One is a by product of the other imo.

Yeah that’s a good point, I can see that.

It certainly wasn’t happy viewing but definitely allowed for a better understanding for that segment and time in society

1 Like