What are you watching?

Bad sport. Documentary on cheating and corruption in sport.
Watched the episode on Juventus in 2005 season and case built against DoF.
Very good watch.

1 Like

Malice at the Palace. Brawl at the Pistons v pacers 2004 game in the NBA.
Fascinating scenes between players fans and the long term effects of those involved. Some watch that.

1 Like

Wtf, a Wheel of Time TV show? I’m hard.

1 Like

You didn’t know about this?!?

The trailer just dropped a couple weeks ago, looks pretty good tbh

I’m looking forward to it big time

1 Like

Had no idea my bro.

I finished the book series a good few years ago now, can’t remember much of what happens except a few main character story arcs. Been skimming some of the wiki pages and it’s all coming back. I do remember that women are the only ones who can channel magic. Men could previously channel but there is some corruption to their side.

And Lan is one of the coolest fantasy characters ever. The archetypal strong and silent type, and an absolute badass with a sword.

Although there are loads of great female characters, it’s still traditional fantasy. All the women villains use their beauty to manipulate etc, and the men are all more powerful really. Let’s see how they change it up. Maybe change the gender of a few people around?

1 Like

YOU season 3 out a week today on Netflix :grin::fire::fire::fire:

Yeah I had the same experience.

The trailer dropped and I was like “holy shit this happened?!?” - last I’d heard about the show was that it was in production hell like 4 years ago haha

I’ve read the series twice but so much happens that I’d forgotten a lot of it, so like you when I watched the trailer and I had to go back to the WoT wiki and skim some pages and it all came flooding back.

Matrim Cauthon was always my favourite character, and I felt like he was a relatively unique character in regards to the fantasy genre as he was a bit of a cowardly anti-hero whereas Rand and Perrin are much more stereotypical reluctant heroes but also big and strong and super powerful. Whereas Mat is skinny and his superpower is basically Luck haha

Really interesting to see how they end up handling this. Think the finaly episode comes out on Christmas day, so I might just let a few episodes rack up before I start watching so I can binge it.

1 Like

I loved Mat too - it’s not particularly groundbreaking (perhaps it was for the time) but doesn’t he inherit knowledge / skill or some shit from a long dead hero? I know that happens to Rand (Lews Therin - fuck me what a blast from the past that name is lol) but can’t recall if it happens to Perrin too. I recall him having some kind of wolf bond, and the ability to enter the dream world. Robin Hobb stole the shit out of that idea btw. Like she took it and literally made it the central theme for her chief protagonist. The ending of the whole series is poignant because it’s based upon that specific ability. Anyway I digress…

The WoT story is so sprawling and convoluted. It would be quite a pleasant surprise if they manage to slim it down into a few seasons of excellent TV. There is so much good material in there to create an amazing show. The budget will need to substantial in order to do it justice.

1 Like

Nate turning into a mourinho lite this season as been brilliant carnt wait for the new series.

1 Like

Brilliant last episode…What a nasty piece of work Nate turned out to be…Brilliantly written, and superbly acted.

Like you, cannot wait for the next series…

1 Like

Guys please use spoilers for latest episodes

Only said he was a prick, didn’t give any clues as to why!

@JakeyBoy

Going to watch this later tonight.

Let me know how it is, bizarrely I’m getting even more into comic book/nerdy stuff in my thirties than I ever was before lol.

I’ve been taking my time with Invincible, only four episodes in so still got a fair bit to go I think.

I need to get on Squid Game ASAP before I totally miss out on the zeitgeist, I’m already pushing it lol. Have you watched it, if so, verdict?

1 Like

:raising_hand_man: raises hand.

1 Like

Only few more memes and I will start posting

“Am I the only one who has never watched squid games?”

Never watched GOT gang were such an inspiration.

1 Like

I’ve never watched an episode of Game of Thrones in my life either . :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I watched the first series just to see what the fuss was about. Because whenever I said I had never seen it, often people would look at me like I had just said I eat rats for breakfast. But I couldn’t get on with it. Found getting through the first series a chore, so never carried on. Not my kind of thing at all.

1 Like

I thought it didn’t come out till the 19th October since Warner brothers con is on the 16th October

People can tell me to watch something to the cows come or but if I am not into it I aint watching it

I hate that make believe genre :rofl::rofl: with dungeons and dragons set in 1751 lol

2 Likes