What are you watching?

Yep, but that’s a spoiler :joy: (for a spoiled movie)

You literally can’t spoil that movie. In fact it probably improves you to the shock horror of it all. SO fucking bad, where as the originals were moments of pure joy

1 Like

Die Hard is the same as well. Great first 3, then it turned to shit

1 Like

I would say the same about the superhero movies bubble but that was always shit.

2 Likes

4 wasn’t too bad but 5 stank the place out :grin:

1 Like

Getting towards the end of season 3 of The Crown. Great to see landmark British events being brought to life, albeit from the perspective of the monarchy.

My one gripe (and its to be expected tbh) is that I can’t help but feel they’ve overly dramatised the royal family’s involvement in everything. Did Margaret really single handedly convince LBJ to hand us a billion pound bailout just because she was a good craic at a fucking dinner party? Do me a fucking favour lol. The Queen dazzling the Ghanaian President with a fucking dance was also a wtf moment

Once you get past that though, it’s a very good watch. Claire Foy was great in seasons 1 and 2. Yet to be convinced by Olivia Coleman - she seems a completely different character rather than an evolution. Comes across as more dim, petulant and cold-hearted. Seems like a very sudden and random personality change.

To me, to MCU

2 Likes

LeMans66 - brilliant film :popcorn:

3 Likes

I was about to ask what film this is, but realised its the same thing I watched but it was called Ford v Ferrari.

Christian Bale has become a real titan of an actor. Got a great body of work. Although his actual body was fucked in the Machinist. That was grim.

4 Likes

The same year he got hench for Batman Begins.

Incredible

4 Likes

Yea its a dope film. As for the machinist that took some doing losing all that weight !?

1 Like

I love that film. It’s like a modern take on J.B.Priestley’s An Inspector Calls

@stroller

Did you work out the only Bond film to contain the letter B? :wink:

3 Likes

He’s a great actor and I like him, and I agree with others that the Machinist is a good film, but has he done much else that’s proper good? His best film is Empire of the Sun hahaha.

Out of the Furnace and The Fighter are a couple of highlights for me.

1 Like

Thunderball

2 Likes

The Prestige, 3:10 to Yuma, and American Psycho :grin:

2 Likes

Batman Trilogy, American Hustle

1 Like

images.jpeg-11

3 Likes

On top of Jakey’s ones, Ford v Ferrari, American Psycho, 3:10 to Yuma and Rescue Dawn. He was class in Batman as well although you’re never gonna win Oscars for that really

1 Like