What are you listening to right now?

1 Like

This is good. Quite a folk sound. Not heard of him before, but will look up the album you mention later.

The album is great. I cried the first time I listened through. I cry a lot (surprise, surprise) so that’s probably not a true litmus test. He’s a good songwriter imo. A little whiny, a little emo, but solid.

1 Like

Still don’t think there are many better songs than this. From when my Nan played it to me as a kid to now… i just love the simple lyrics. “Cause every hand’s a winner and every hand’s a loser. And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep.” This song is probably why I love country music so much.

2 Likes

I could listen to this forever and the bit where it actually kicks in in loop, love it when it’s on in the car, I turn into a right Colin McRae whilst also trying to air drum.

6 Likes

I’ve had the pleasure of meeting the band when they were rehearsing for MTV unplugged. Met them in France , must be , I dearnt say …. 25+ years ago .
We recognised the music ,left the lake shore line and there enough , Led Zeppelin were rehearsing for UnPlugged .
I can’t fully remember the location but it was either Reins or Rouen . It was a an old gravel extraction plant which was miles away from the media . Ramble on , was hair on the back of the neck stuff .
Brilliant times.

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like