West Ham United Vs Arsenal (PL)

We are not any where near spurs yet. The last couple of weeks have proved this. Sub level players. Nieve manager

Our squad overall is closer to West Hamā€™s in quality than it is to Tottenhamā€™s imho. Miles off them

10 Likes

Nearer Huddersfield i would say

You know when Arsenal are playing bad, when even this chap makes a very rare post :giroud:

Didnā€™t see the game, but like many others, didnā€™t have a good feeling about this game. Itā€™s very worrying the state of the team right now, The honeymoon period is over and last 6 or so weeks have been really painful to watch.

I think itā€™s easy to stick a lot of the blame on Emery, but heā€™s also done some good things that changed our games for the better as well during this season. The reality is this team is badly lacking in so many departments. I said recently that despite being one the top scorers in the league, we just donā€™t have much in the way of creativity in this side. Think back to four years ago, when we had the likes of Cazorla, Rosicky, Ozil in peak form. Not to mention Giroud being a strong team player.

Such a shame itā€™s all gone to pot and momemtum all lost. Not sure where we go from here, but the rot needs to stop and we badly need to get back on track.

2 Likes

That was pathetic, from start to finish. It felt like it was the first time these set of players were playing together. It was all so disjointed going forward. I know Emery is to blame for not starting with Ramsey and Torreira but the players we had out there are good enough to win against WestHam. The number of poor passes by the likes of Maitland-Niles, Guendouzi, Laca, Auba, Iwobi was unbelievable. We didnā€™t have a period of sustained pressure on them, neither did we test the keeper in the first half. Then we concede a lame goal, like is customary with Arsenal, and then try to retrieve the game.

What was the most worrying for me was the quality of our play. We looked bang average and anyone watching us would think it was two equal teams playing. I know we donā€™t have top quality players but the performance yesterday was way below what we have come to expect, even from these bunch of players. Like I said, pathetic.

1 Like

A new low, this game. It was like two mid-table sides towards the end of the season, neither of which is worried about relegation or content to know theyā€™re finishing tenth and eleventh.

1 Like

Should have been 0-0, but a mistake costed us. Letā€™s move on.

Well, sack Emery. The mood is this :bellend:

Disgusting performance. Our defence is nothing short of laughable. Thereā€™s no urgency in our play , no drive , no fuck all ! I wish our players had as much drive on the pitch as Unai does on the touch line . Itā€™s only now are we fully understanding just what a mess Wenger left us in . With all the talent we are supposedly to have we should be pissing all over these lower teams not losing points and losing momentum in the league .
A title winning team is built on a solid reliable defence , one that trains and understand each other . Not a fucking shamble like we have now .
12:30 kick offā€™s should be banned as they seriously fuck your weekend up !
Needless to say Iā€™m not a happy Gooner right now !!!

1 Like

This is the very best double negative to describe us right now.

I love it

2 Likes

Why does nobody ever open their mouth when we concede crap goals.

1 Like

Our average positions from who scored. Guen playing as the 10? hahaha

download

Itā€™s pathetic to watch . Going a goal down should be a catalyst to up the game and find that extra pass but not this lot just recently.

1 Like

So the dust has settledā€¦ limited amount of opinions as I try to remain optimistic.

• Ozil. A top player, our most creative player in the last 5 years and one of Europeā€™s most prolific provider of assists. Our highest earning player at around Ā£350,000 a week. Yet right now he cannot even make the Arsenal squad and Iā€™m inclined to believe that this is a decision made not just by Unai Emery but by Arsenalā€™s hierarchy too. I think Emery has made it clear that Ozil doesnā€™t fit into his long term plan and the clubā€™s hierarchy donā€™t want to keep him here as a bit part player. In hindsight the Arsenal board gave Ozil the Ā£350k a week to appease the fans and itā€™s a decision that has backfired. Heā€™s got to be moved on even if it means subsidising part of his wages. Although it appears the board want to force him out and make him take a pay cut. But in a climate where Chinese clubs are still chasing players like Arnautovic and offering them big money (Ā£200k a week reportedly) I donā€™t think moving Ozil on out to Asia will be much of a problem.
  • Xhaka. Whatā€™s sad is that the jury isnā€™t even out on him. Heā€™s a terribly inconsistent player and simply cannot handle any sort of pressing. He lacks composure, consistency, athleticism, any semblance of a footballing brain and he makes an outrageous amount of mistakes. He loses the ball in dangerous positions and heā€™s constantly putting our team under pressure and he simply has to be moved on. We desperately need to replace him weā€™ve always had amazing central midfield players in my lifetime. My first memories as an Arsenal fan are watching Vieira and Petit dominate the midfield followed by the arrival of Gilberto Silva, Edu and eventually Fabregas. I cannot watch an idiot like this anymore.
  • Emery. Iā€™m a defender of him because I feel like heā€™s been given a tough hand here. Heā€™s arrived at a club guilty of mismanaging its squad for near enough a decade and heā€™s arrived at an underwhelming squad. Contrary to popular belief, I donā€™t think many managers in Europe would be able to get much more out of this crop of players. But that doesnā€™t mean he isnā€™t immune to criticism. We have looked second best in so many of the games weā€™ve played in this season and initially you could see what it was he was trying to get out of the squad but yesterday we looked crap. Weā€™ve looked crap for a while now. We looked slow, we lack creativity and weā€™re just generally a very underwhelming outfit to watch at the moment. That falls on the manager and he needs to get more out of his players.
  • Ramsey. Iā€™m not and never have been his biggest fan. Iā€™m relieved heā€™s being moved on because I genuinely believe the club need better players than Ramsey and to me heā€™s just not consistent enough. However at present we are struggling and something must be done to find a way to incorporate him into our squad. Our midfield offers no goal threat and we cannot persist with Iwobi & one of Laca/Auba as our wide men. Iā€™d rather we played Ramsey on the right or in the midfield. He has to be in our starting line-up because heā€™s quite frankly better than the players ahead of him. If weā€™re not intending to sell him this month then just play him.
  • Suarez. Iā€™m not huge on him and I think we need better. But Iā€™d much rather have an option like Suarez to play on the wings than Iwobi or the Mkhitaryan that weā€™ve seen at Arsenal and United. Heā€™s good, he dribbles well, he runs at players and I think we lack a good winger who can cut inside. I think the idea of having someone like Suarez in the team or on the bench is a much more reassuring option than having to look at players like AMN or persisting with playing our strikers as wingers. Bring him in, give him a chance to show what heā€™s made of.
  • Pellegrini. I like what heā€™s doing at West Ham. Heā€™s got some good players around him and I think Iā€™m very confident heā€™ll be a resounding success at West Ham. Heā€™s done an excellent job throughout his career whether it was Villarreal, Malaga, Real (record number of points to not win the title) and then eventually City. Hugely underappreciated manager in my opinion.
8 Likes