Welcome to new Members

that was an unexpected quick welcoming :ok_hand::+1:t2:

As a pro Wenger fan; patience is my strength and am not a trophy obsessed/glory chaser, which leads to me being fine with Arteta. He did many mistakes in his time here, both in game tactical misses, but also man management mistakes, but for me it is clear he has the potential, loves the club and I am willing to give him a bit more time knowing he got a messy team into his hands as his first job.

Bellerin I used to adore when he got to the first team (was a fan of his even back then when he played for u23’s), but I think he lost a bit of everything in recent years, mostly mentality wise. Seams like his head is not enough into football and it is costly at this level.
Definetly think he needs a change of scenery and it seams it’s about to happen sooner then later.

1 Like

Welcome to OA! Hope you settle in all right, we’re always happy to take in new members :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome bro, if you like Wenger boy have you came to the right place, we have a sub section that can almost be likened to a cult towards the man. Once you get over their loyalist devotion to the man it’s all very quaint and charming.

7 Likes

Very happy to have u here my dood, forum needs more intelligent posters like yourself :grin::+1:

6 Likes

Speak of the devil…

3 Likes

DM me your address.
@arsenescoatmaker will deliver a coat and you can then sit with the cool gang

2 Likes

Can I call you Maria, Nicholas?

1 Like

Welcome along @nicolaas_maria

Been ages since someone introduced himself. Used to be a daily thing on the old OA. Manners are gone these days!

6 Likes

I couldn’t bother much about username so I instinctively went with Bergkamp’s middle name… so in that case, I don’t mind being called Maria :slight_smile:
after all, even in real life, most people know me nicknamed Marta (Martin being my name), and I love it (just as anything that confuses people :))

4 Likes

Great intro @nicolaas_maria and I hope you feel welcomed here on the board :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Me reading your post :smile:

Was with you until you wanted rid of Bellerin.

2 Likes

let’s face it, he really, really went backwards.
In theory I would never want to get rid of him, but, everything is pointing to that direction; he lost his spot to Chambers, and even Cedric for a period. Last season it was a midfielder Maitland Niles who did better as RB, and if there is any truth to the roumors (and everything points to that) he wants to leave himself.
For me it is so obvious watching him play, his body language and the look on his face, especially when making mistakes he shouldn’t be doing after age of 10 (like the false throw-ins, on top of which he gets mad as he isn’t even sure what’s he doing wrong), that he is done here.
Needs a change of scenery, and will aim for it to be another fashion city like Milan or Paris, cause no matter how much we want to not believe it: football just ain’t everything to him professionally. I have a strong feeling once he reiters he’ll come out public and admit it himself big time

4 Likes

You’ve made the first step, the hardest step, admitting it to yourself.

This is a safe place. Why don’t you tell us your story?

13 Likes

What happened here?

Was the day Kroenke sent out letters to tell shareholders he was compulsory buying theirs if I’m thinking right

7 Likes

Yeah that must have sucked.

Absolutely fantastic post mate, really enjoyed reading it and the whole run down :pray:.

Well I hated the KSE part, but you know what I mean :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Great intro post @Marty.

There’s a few folks on this board who have been around and probably seen a bunch of the stuff you have (@Stroller and @Ashgooner1 come to mind).

Welcome friendo

4 Likes

Fuck me that crest was a masterpiece of art work.

8 Likes

Yes old crest looked much better than the new badge.

I assume it was changed to make shirt production cheaper or some other nonsense but maybe they just wanted a less traditional look.

Would love to see the retro look return on the badge and less shirt changes in general.

4 Likes