WBA v Arsenal (Carabao Cup)

Didn’t we beat them in this on pens about 5 or 6 years ago?

can barely remember 5 to 6 days ago, let alone years

4 Likes

We beat them in the League Cup in 05/06, if that counts

Bit later than that. Think it was 1 1.

1 Like

We definitely need to take this game seriously. We can qualify for the prestigious Europa Conference if we win this competition :star_struck:

1 Like

Hector Bellerin
Right thigh. Hector was unavailable for Sunday’s match with a tight thigh. Hector is back in training and being assessed ahead of Wednesday’s match.

Alex Lacazette
Alex is now back in full training after testing positive for Covid-19 and has returned to full training ahead of Wednesday’s match.

Gabriel Magalhaes
Right knee. Gabriel sustained an injury to his right knee with the Brazilian Olympic Squad. Gabriel is progressing well and is now back in training with the squad.

Gabriel Martinelli
Gabriel has returned to full training after suffering from lower leg cramps on Sunday.

Eddie Nketiah
Right ankle. Eddie sustained bruising to his right ankle during the friendly match against Chelsea on 1 August. Eddie is working hard with the medical team and is aiming to be back in training in early September.

Martin Odegaard
Martin has now received full clearance to play and is available for selection.

Thomas Partey
Right ankle. Thomas sustained an injury to ligaments in his right ankle during the friendly match against Chelsea on 1 August. Thomas is working hard with the medical team and is aiming to be back in training by the end of August.

Alex Runarsson
Alex is now back in full training following testing positive for Covid-19.

Kieran Tierney
Kieran has returned to full training after suffering from cramps in his thigh on Sunday.

Ben White
Ben tested positive for Covid-19 last week ahead of the Chelsea match and will not be available for Wednesday’s match. Ben’s health and fitness will be continually monitored ahead of the weekend.

Willian
Willian tested positive for Covid-19 ahead of the Brentford match. Willian’s health and fitness will be continually monitored ahead of Wednesday’s match.

• Tierney and Martinelli look okay for WBA.
  • Odegaard will start for sure.
  • White still out.
  • Partey will be back after the international break. (He better not travel go Ghana ffs)
  • Gabriel back in training and could play vs WBA.

Positive news overall :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great news if everything goes as planned.

Need to rotate a bit but it’s essential that we keep a strong team that gets a much needed win and confidence boost.

Would go with:
------------Ramsdale---------------
AMN-Holding-Mari-Tavares
-----------Elneny-Xhaka-----------
----Saka–Odegaard–Pepe----
-----------------Auba------------------

Xhaka-Elneny pivot.

4 Likes

Gotta take it easy with Lokonga.
Plus, Elneny starts for me because he has to start against City as well. Those are his games, let him press like a maniac and support the defence.

Not sure Pepe will start here. Played 90 minutes twice already and will probably on the weekend too. Nelson in the squad?

Really hoping Gabriel starts over Mari.

Just feckin hope Arteta doesn’t start!

Don’t think you’ll be in the minority.

I think so too, simply because a loss will make it very difficult for Arteta and might just hasten his exit, which is too good for us (fans).

I used to think I have a lot of patience but I bow to you if you are still only “nearly broken”.

1 Like

I love Arsenal too much so no matter how bad things get I just cannot cut that last thread ?! Been watching them for nearly 40 years bro so seen the bad times before.

5 Likes

Its like our own social media team is trying to troll the fanbase with this graphic.

3 Likes

Wow, Leno is the only one that makes sense there and even he’s questionable.

Those adverts that follow you around online thanks to Google owning your life, for a couple of days they were all of Mari modelling our training kit.

These people are just evil.

2 Likes

You beat me to it! Hahahah

1 Like

Goodvibes :rofl:

When CN was good

1 Like