Video technology (VAR) in football

What you’ll see is exactly what we saw in the World Cup. At its inception you’ll get a lot of decisions going to VAR, and then gradually it’ll reduce as players come to terms with it.

Am I right in saying VAR is used at the refs discretion? So a referee could overrule and just not bother with VAR the whole game. You just know cunts like Mike Dean won’t bother with VAR if that’s the case.

1 Like

Correct so when Dean blatantly cheats vs us at OT for eg he just won’t bother with VAR.

Run outs and goal line technology I like as they are black and white, it’s the other decisions that rely on interpretation that I’m unsure about.

France were awarded one by VAR in the world cup final.

1 Like

Just employ VAR you cunts

1 Like

I see VAR is under the spotlight again

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: told u guys

1 Like

Yer da’s up in arms about VAR stil I see

1 Like

Take it we cant blame the machine again as usual. Even if it broke down.:joy:

I’ve no idea what happened cos I haven’t watched but do you think it’s beyond criticism?

Brilliant. :sweat_smile:

Yeah

Well, that’s dumb.

Your watching a video of a decision. You litterly can’t get it wrong lol

Youll never disagree with any decision made using VAR then. Cool.

I actually won’t as it will be correct :+1:

We’ll see. Dont think the pen in the WC final was right personally.

loooooool

1 Like

I think the decision to disallow Morata’s goal tonight was wrong too. That kind of thing is too subjective and not what VAR should be used for IMO. It should only be used to correct clear errors, things that are obviously yes or no – he’s either offside or he isn’t, it’s either in the box or it isn’t etc. With the Morata pushing incident, it’s a matter of opinion not fact, on another day another assistant ref would allow the goal to stand.

3 Likes

I don’t even remember the world cup haha