Victor Osimhen

No one is buying him for 100m. Napoli are dreaming.

2 Likes

No one world class is, but that’s not the point. Just cause we are capable of spending 100 mil and there is no world class player available, does that mean we have to spend it on someone?

The point I was making is that you spend that kind of money on someone who has already reached world class level, not someone who has the potential to do if all the stars align right. The only way Osimhen would be worth that kind of money is if he score 20+ league goals for 3-4 season in Serie A.

Someone who can barely outscore a prehistoric Giroud is not worth 100 mil € no matter what spin you put on it.

1 Like

Brilliant athlete and one of the most instinctive young finishers going tbh.

Osimhen is one of a few promising strikers still out there that fits Arteta’s plans.

£100m is a huge outlay but strikers of this quality are so few in supply right now. We could be talking about a 5-8 year investment with him. The market is fucked rn.

If we could negotiate 70-80m I’d take it tbh.

5 Likes

I understand what you are saying about the money aspect, but if Arsenal want to spend whatever on whoever it’s up to them.
I was more interested regarding the “unproven” part of your post, I post quite a bit on the Osimhen thread as I’m a Napoli fan as well as a Gooner, and the way I see it is he’s exactly the type of striker we need to fit into the system Arteta wants to play. Osimhen is way more about scoring just goals and if he doesn’t come to Arsenal I really hope he doesn’t go anywhere else.
Besides I think he won’t be going anywhere this summer.

2 Likes

Yeah at the end of the day the club decides how they want to send the money. They could very well give Reiss Nelson a 500k £ per week contract and make him play as a false 9 and I doubt me or anyone on OA could do anything about that.

Regarding the unproven part, I can see the misunderstanding. As you actually watch him week in week out, I will take your word for him being a good fit for us. I think for a realistic figure of money he could be a good signing, it’s just that for 100+ mil you’d expect the player to be a one of the best in the world. For example, Odegaard is a fantastic signing, no one can deny that. But if we had signed him 100 mil £ and he was on 300k £ per week wages, world class performances week in week out would be bare minimum expectation from him.

At the end of the day, I think we are having a pointless argument as I agree that he most probably isn’t going anywhere. From what I know about Napoli, he tend to attach “fuck off” price tags to their star players, Koulibaly for example. I don’t think they actually want to sell him or are expecting to receive 100 mil € this summer. This is the same club that even Man City walked away from while trying to sign the aforementioned center back, so I don’t think there is going to be much of a room for negotiation either.

You know, he’s got a point. :rofl:

1 Like

At the very least though Osimhen ain’t a fatty like Lukaku

3 Likes

I wonder how much money Napoli have lost in the last couple years. All these leaks seem to be coming from their end.

ADL pointedly noted in a press conference yesterday how Milan’s wage bill was much less than Napoli’s yet they are likely to win the scudetto. He might be looking to cut costs and raise funds.

Surely they aren’t so high on their own farts that they actually believe there would be anyone dumb enough to pay 100 mill € for him?

59 mil I think is the figure being touted

1 Like

That sounds much more realistic

1 Like

Lukaku was a proven commodity in the Premier League too - it’s just clear he can’t work outside of environments that don’t work for him. I wouldn’t use Lukaku failing as an indication that Osimhen might fail they’re not even the same type of player

4 Likes

Yeah, and we also have Ronaldo bagging goals for fun in a bad Man Utd side too.

1 Like

Napoli aren’t going to be selling their star player at a loss. If anyone thinks 59 million is realistic in any currency for a top striker where top striker’s are as rare as a chicken with teeth they need to reevaluate who they think we will sign this summer.

If we are using these parameters for putting a valuation on our players, then Saka isn’t worth more than 30 million, we should have snapped Villa’s hands off for the price they were asking for ESR and Martinelli is now only worth double what we paid for him.

That’s different though, in my opinion.

Villa know only too well that we do sell for cheap and buy outrageously high.

2 Likes

:arteta2:
:hipster:

2 Likes

But not different to Napoli buying high and selling their best player for less.?

“Trust me bro”

2 Likes

He wants the CL, maybe he’s put a bet on

If this is true, it would be an unbelievable signing.
Forget going for both Jesus and DCL, just get one top quality striker.