Victor Osimhen

He’s only a year older than Nketiah. Long road to go in terms of his development and where he might end up in terms of his ceiling as a top striker.

I get that and I can see the logic but It’s hard to justify that level of expense on someone without the consistent elite level record to back it up

1 Like

If we could get him for around 80m that’s good business.
He’s still very young so unless he turns out like Pepe, we won’t lose any money on him.

It just depends on us getting CL football and what other clubs are interested.

I never really understood why football fans think they know the true value of what a player is worth. If the club wants a player wants to pay for the player so what? It’s not our money, most of our players are shit, we need upgrading, spend the fucking money.

4 Likes

Will Osimhen become an elite striker or 25 plus a season man consistently? It’s hard to tell. However, he is a menace to defences and a good footballer. I’d be very happy with him signing for a record fee.

1 Like

We better get champions league then

2 Likes

I have no idea who Freddie Paxton is but he has 16k followers and I want to believe him.

2 Likes

100m lol

4 Likes

Scenes where we rock a 100m forward and a 72m wide man but only have about 14 players for next season lol.

3 Likes

No you didn’t mate stop telling lies, his agent was on Italian radio the other day saying the exact opposite.

1 Like

what has this guy done to be worth anywhere near 100m. He looks to me like just another raw talent. He doesnt even score that many does he?

1 Like

We will only spend so much. Smart teams acquire wisely and don’t just chuck money bc “it’s their guy”. We aren’t a Manchester club so what we spend actually matters. Having said that, goals are gold right now. Paucity of strikers has led to massive inflation.

2 Likes

The only weakness I would say he has is that he needs to improve his passing skills, but as he us more of a proper number 9 with amazing pace and very adept at finding space it’s not something that is seen as a major problem.

I posted this a few days ago, he’s not just a goalscorer and he’s worth what Napoli says he’s worth.

1 Like

Looking at his stats for Napoli, almost .5 g/game. Not bad. From what others have said, nice profile physically too.

100 mil for a unproven player with “potential” to maybe become world class is laughable. That’s the kind of money that someone like Kane would go for.

1 Like

I was reading more about Osimhen and his transfer from Lille to Napoli was clearly dodgy as fuck, a lot like the Juve-Barca Pjanic-Arthur swap deal.

Napoli paid 71m euro for Osimhen but Lille also bought four totally crap players - three completely unremarkable youth team players and an aging nothing backup GK - for a total of 20m euro from Napoli at the same time.

Essentially, Osimhen was only really valued at 51m euro because the players going the other way had a value pretty close to zero (they were quickly loaned out or ended up moving on free transfers eventually to teams in the Italian third and fourth division).

6 Likes

To be fair, it sounds like we are in the market for 3 signings of first XI quality. Jesus, CM and another striker.

Add in Saliba (should he come back) and that’s an additional 4 players. Even just 4 starting quality players will go a long way to resolving our depth issues.

Edit: although if we lose Pepe we do need another wide player I imagine.

2 Likes

Honestly think if we are really going to build properly at a sustainable level as a top 4 club and with Europe, we need 7 or 8 new faces.
Obviously not all big names, but certainly serviceable players who can be called upon. Have to remember even a couple of players leaving or going on loan leaves us well short. Please though no recall for the likes of Nelson.

2 Likes

It’s why a few teams are under investigation in Serie A and B at the moment

1 Like

Who says he’s unproven? Regardless of cost who is available for us that is already world class?