Upcoming Films & TV

Hmmm I’m not too sure about this I’ve got a feeling im going to be disappointed

1 Like

The Peter Jackson films were a terrible adaptation of the books. This looks awful…was hoping when this was first annouced that they were remaking the original films as a TV series which would work so much better.

I don’t entirely agree with this that the films were a terrible adaptation, it would have been better if they were done as a tv series as there was so much left out but maybe if Netflix was around then who knows.
My view of the books changed after seeing the movies, i loved them growing up but after re reading them I thought they dragged on in places

I’ll never forgive Jackson for changing the ending to The Two Towers. If he had followed the book we would have had one of the all time greatest cliffhangers in film history. The portrayal of Saruman was really poor. He turned Gimli into the comedic relief. And Orlando Bloom was fucking terrible. The only good thing about the films was the score by Howard Shore.

Yeah the way Saruman was portrayed was poor and Legolas was miscast too.

Don’t agree with the end of The Two Towers?

I’ve already accepted that no matter how shit it is I will watch every minute.

1 Like

It’s not really that I agree or not because firstly trying to film an epic book series was always going to be a challenge and it’s going to upset some people.
But secondly because I read somewhere Peter Jackson had to find some continuity between the two towers and the return of the king to make the whole thing work.

Oh absolutely curiosity will still get the better of me, I did it with all the star wars films and recently finished all the game of thrones regardless of what people were saying about the end

Don’t know why they just didn’t do the story’s after the ring has been destroyed. Like we all know that the rings get created and theirs wars between all the different kinds before the Hobbit so not like it’s going to bring anything new to the story of middle earth.

Why are they announcing films for release in 2024 and 2025? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Because we all ready know what’s coming out for rest of the year and next year but know one knows what the next films where in the next phase.

Also trailer for Black Panther 2

2 Likes

1 Like

Film about the cave rescue of the kids directed by Ron howard

Oof…

Blimey, it must be so so shit :joy:

Flash will have the same fate.

DCEU sucks balls.

On paper this sounds phenomenal. How they get it so wrong!

Batgirl was to have Keaton reprise his role as Batman, alongside Grace as the titular hero Barbara Gordon, JK Simmons as Barbara’s father, Commissioner Gordon, and Fraser as the villain Firefly.

Two lifelong friends find themselves at an impasse when one abruptly ends their relationship, with alarming consequences for both of them.

Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson (my fav Irish actor :grin: @shamrockgooner) partnering up in another Martin McDonagh film. This can only be greatness.

5 Likes