Upcoming Films & TV

2 Likes

Netflix finishing the year on a high with this an the Witcher

1 Like

Lost in Space is such an American show.
So fast paced that it should be shit but I thoroughly enjoy it.

Christopher Nolan’s next film officially has a title, release date, and lead actor! Universal Pictures and Syncopy have confirmed Cillian Murphy will star as scientist J. Robert Oppenheimer in Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer in theaters July 21, 2023. The film will be based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning book American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer by Kai Bird and Martin J. Sherwin.

Oppenheimer will begin production in early 2022, and will be filmed on a combination of IMAX 65mm and traditional 65mm film by returning cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema. Nolan will also reunite with producer Charles Roven, editor Jennifer Lame, and composer Ludwig Göransson. Emma Thomas will also produce alongside Christopher Nolan under their Syncopy banner.

Now we know a little bit more with Universal describing Oppenheimer as “an IMAX shot epic thriller that thrusts audiences into the pulse-pounding paradox of the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.”

1 Like

Not fussed about it after I didn’t even bother to complete Tenet

1 Like

Why?

Cillian Murphy is Oppenheimer.
Marion Cotillard is Mrs Oppenheimer.
Michael Caine is Oppenheimer’s dad.
Joseph Gordon Levitt is Oppenheimer’s lab assistant.
Tom Hardy is Oppenheimer’s research partner who slowly loses faith in the project and becomes Oppenheimer’s rival.
Ken Watanabe is Emperor Hirohito.
Gary Oldman is Winston Churchill (again).
Elliot Page is Adolf Hitler.
Morgan Freeman is President Harry Truman.

It’s high time Nolan freshened up his casting, I reckon.

4 Likes

It’s also going to be drowned in shit musical score such that we can’t hear the convoluted, yet crucial, dialogue.

1 Like

This is probably going to be garbage and it’s a bummer, I think the potential is there for a completely different director to make an interesting character study film on this guy that has nothing to do with his work at los alamos, film could end before the war tbh. Instead you’ll get some pseudo-intellectual twist where the character evolution is about the climax with that cool quote that’s been blowing the mind of stoned 15yos for half a century.

I am 100% convinced this is how the film will play out: ok some music there, alright, surprisingly handsome fella for a nerd, quirky thing to do there, quirky thing to say there too, look at how weird this guy is and depressed oh yes but also smart uhuh yeah we know how that works, price you pay innit yeah, that’s what it takes to make that bomb - by the way conflicting thing that, you know if we don’t make one they make one right, yeah anyway now it’s made and oooh strong quote there great delivery there yeah I heard that one before I remember now yes he just realised what he did didn’t he, what an inner conflict he must be struggling with there, unbelievable, well, price you pay innit, what a hero he was… maybe, but at what cost perhaps, not sure he was a hero actually or was he, what is Nolan is ultimately making me think here at the end, a bit confusing all of it I suppose.

1 Like

It was boring.

Nolan has reached the stage where he can take creative freedom.

This is ‘Better Call Saul’ syndrome where the reputation of Breaking Bad allowed them to pace the show lot slower than it would have otherwise been afforded by the fans.

JK Rowling has company.
Just create new characters.

They’ve been creating new Superman characters since the 1930’s.

Not really imo. The Superman writers clearly have the courage of their convictions to explicitly put an unambigous drawing of Superman('s son) being gay and have made it a clear aspect of his character. Rowling says Dumbledore is gay, but good luck finding it in the text or movies as unambiguously portrayed as in that comic.

3 Likes

Ah I didn’t know that.

Also the whole multiverse thing can be worked upon to accomodate this.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Why does Mark Wahlberg as Sully look more like Nathan Drake than Tom Holland does lol
:laughing:

Played all editions of this multiple times so I’m still excited for this.

2 Likes

Haha that thumbnail, probably see more accurate cosplay adaptions at a convention.

Also Mark Whalberg shouldn’t be allowed near a video game adaption ever again after Max Payne, I remember when an interviewer ask him if he had played the games and he said he got his assistant to and give him some notes lmao. Really channelling that source method research there Marky Mark.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t be allowed near a film again.

Shitty overactor