Upcoming Films & TV

So the trailer for the upcoming Wheel of Time show looks sick. I’m a huge WoT fan and have read the series twice (well, most of it twice) and I totally forgot this was coming out.

It’s a lot of source material to cover, so I’m looking forward to seeing how they do it. Trailer looks very promising though.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:.

1 Like

Leo is in it = will be good

2 Likes

It’s gonna be like Django.

Generally shit and frankly unrewatchable bar some scintillating scene-stealing segments (fuck me! Alliteration guru right there!) from Di Caprio.

1 Like
2 Likes

I think the Wachowskis may have bottled this - Looks very generic

Most of their films are awful anyway

Jupiter Ascending, Cloud Atlas, Speed Racer.

1 Like

I actually thought Cloud Atlas was great - very true to the source material from what I remember, given how much was going on in that book haha

Also agree, that trailer is shit.

Feels like the movie has absolutely nothing to do with the Matrix apart from the bullet time haha

It has nothing at all of that dark, dank, grim futuristic vibe that made the Matrix so atmospheric. Looks very disappointing.

Haven’t read it but there was plenty going on in the film too, was confusing as fuck.

Agreed, the trailer looks shit. Mental that Keanu is 57, doesn’t look like it at all.

1 Like

Yeah he hasn’t aged a day in 20 years, fucking insane

Nolan looking to do a film about Oppenheimer. Starring Cillian Murphy (and probably Michael Caine)

Matrix 2 & 3 was not bad enough that they have decided for 4th installment

1 Like

It’s weird no one talks about this with all the hype for the 4th. The Matrix was an amazing movie but I thought the actually trilogy was really fucking disappointing. Perhaps some kind of reboot or entirely new narrative based in the universe would have been better though I suppose they want to cash in on that sweet Keanu Reeves hype when they see how popular John Wick was.

6 Likes

Looks awful.Keane reeves is awesome but i really think he should have cut his hair or something like I have only really liked the first one . But the second and third matrix was really bad. To be honest Neo and john wick are both very clear characters aesthetically it seems like a weird choice to not try to steer his appearance away from john.

2 Likes

The animatrix was quality, they actually had time to develop the concept, scripts and animation greatly reduced production/delays costs. The runner story was a classic

2 Likes

Yeah I thought it was really weird they didn’t cut his hair as well. Makes it feel like it’s just John Wick in The Matrix.

Anyway I thought the trailer looks like absolute trash haha I doubt I’ll be watching it but it made me want to watch the first one again.

Also how incredible does Keanu look for a 57 year old? Absolutely amazing

2 Likes

Awfully bad.

Excellent point.
Keanu’s current look is associated with John Wick and would be difficult to relate to Neo, especially considering you can look rad after being plugged in.

Keanu Reeves was extremely gorgeous in those movies.

1 Like

Matrix 2&3 were so bad I can’t even enjoy the original any longer and it was so good. I remember going to see the third with my brother and we just panned the fuck out of it the entire journey home. It was obvious they would be back for 4 some day and it’s certain to be trash.

6 Likes

A truffle hunter who lives alone in the Oregonian wilderness must return to his past in Portland in search of his beloved foraging pig after she is kidnapped.

Anyone seen this Nic Cage beauty yet? :smiley: @Sol

It actually has an insanely high rating on RT
Schermafbeelding 2021-09-14 om 07.27.09

1 Like