Unai Emery

3 Likes

3 wins in the last 4 league games, the only loss was against Liverpool.
Beat Man Utd, Brighton(away) and Spurs(away) so far.

Buendia and Douglas Luiz looking the biggest benefactors so far.

I really dread going to Villa Park in February. You just know they’ll be up for it. I said it before but if they back him in January I can see them having a Newcastle-like transformation in the second half of the season.

Villa is a good level for him. I lol’ed when I saw their lineup playing 442 and having two DMs in it, just felt like prime respectball. Happy for him though.

3 Likes

He’s using Luiz as a left #8.

For what is worth, that’s where Luiz prefers to play. Kamara is the #6 sweeping everything.

It’s certainly working well so far. Not sure where Ramsey fits in all this though.

:laughing::rofl:

Fucking hell we’re top of the league everyone should be dreading playing us not the other way round

3 Likes

True.

Helps having Kamara back, was injured for quite a bit under gerrard right after they played us iirc.

1 Like

Haha

9 Likes

Unai looks like he’s fuming inside and he’s definitely not feeling Emi Martinez. I would not be surprised if he was dropped in the next game

2 Likes

He did not let us down today. Same as it ever was.

1 Like

It’s one of those interviews that could spark lots of tension in the training ground and a proper fallout, yeah.

Two ex arsenal frauds passing the blame. What a day

2 Likes

His English has improved significantly.

2 Likes

You don’t need good English in Birmingham, anyway.

8 Likes
2 Likes

another win today, well done Unai

Pushing Chelsea into the bottom half every weekend, even temporarily. Man’s doing gods work.

7 Likes

by the budget and quality of that team, Unai is doing a tremendous job.

He should be at a better team than Villa. I wonder if Atletico or one of the Milan teams would give him a shot.