Unai Emery

I think if it’s a summer of haggling and penny pinch buys, and not getting rid of the rubbish. I think Emery is going into start of next season under some pressure and a few bad results and there will be some calling for his head. I just don’t see the squad getting any better from last season’s bunch of bottlers, Emery has to hope whoever he brings in hits the ground running and one or two of youth players really stand up. If not he be doing well to get to the end of next season.

2 Likes

I agree.
If we bought two or three exciting players, or even an elite player, at least Emery would be given a few games for them to get used to playing together but it looks like the usual uninspiring signings and the same dross from last season will be turning out for us in the first team again.

The club needs a a massive lift and, if we don’t get it, Emery is going to be under pressure from the first game.

Getting off to a bad start with maybe Zaha, Fraser, Ziyech, Saliba and Tierney playing for us, is at least entertaining and showing some ambition.

Getting off to a bad start with Mustafi, Elneny, a few cheap signings and Xhaka as our captain, is unacceptable.

4 Likes

WE just have to admit we’re just not going to get those exciting players. Look at our squad for me we need two Center backs imo, left back, back up right back, box to box midfielder, winger and back up striker. I’d even throw in a tough tackling asshole center midfield. I like Torreira but ain’t it. Plus some leaders to boot. We’re not going to get them.

The fan’s need a massive lift, Tierney’s a solid player but not exactly going to get fan’s going wild. He’s the type of signing for a big club who after they sign two big names who fan’s ignore or say “he’s alright hope he does well”. Zaha will improve us but he’s nowhere near worth the money he’s valued at. Ziyech wouldn’t touch us if we’re been honest. Fraser be the same as Tierney. Saliba is a massive risk for a club in our position right now.

I think Emery wants to get rid of most of them but he knows he doesn’t have the money to spend to replace them and has to have a squad for a long season. That’s why I expect Mustafi, Xhaka, Miki to be here next season. I don’t think Miki and Mustafi will be first teamers and will probably feature in the cups but still won’t make fans happy seen them there.

With the names we’re been rumored with, with the lack of outgoings and the fixture list. I don’t think we get top 6 even next season even with Auba and Laca’s goals. I wouldn’t be shocked if Emery is gone by sometime in the 2nd half of the season. He’s already on shaky ground with some, and even the ones backing him aren’t fully convinced.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is true. Ziyech isn’t exactly a top level superstar.

1 Like

In fact, he admitted in several interviews that Arsenal is a club he’d love to play for, likes our playing style. I can’t believe players still see us as the team that plays beautiful football, days are long gone. Guess he hasn’t been watching us. Probably only saw a clip of the goal vs Leicester.

2 Likes

Maybe not but he will have clubs in the CL wanting him Jakey. He’s coming off a great season with Ajax. He might not be top level superstar but he’s bound to find a CL club.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if his agent sent that out to get bigger clubs to come and offer more wages. I don’t see him joining us, if we were team with potential and we were a player or two away from competing then maybe I buy it but nah he knows his worth.

2 Likes

Why would anyone use Arsenal as a means to get bigger wages elsewhere lol?

1 Like

Because its realistic to be linked with us and we never deny rumours as a club. So every agent can basically use us without any comeback lol.

4 Likes

I don’t care who we get in so long as they play high tempo football like Everton, Woves, City, Liverpool…

Unless you’re taking the piss explain Everton to me.

Simple Everton now play high tempo football, didn’t you see the games played by them in the second half of the season. They chased teams around including us and no I’m not taking the piss, just talking about what I saw and we better up our tempo or they will be overtaking us in the league table

1 Like

They really wont. I mean they laid out 50 million on Richarlison and finished behind a newly promoted club.
They got humiliated at Millwall in the cup. Putting a few results together when the sun came back out in late April means very little.
Marco Silva is a very low profile manager and a slow start by them puts him as an early candidate for an early exit.

1 Like

You might be right about him slow starting but we are slow from the back and other clubs are over running us. I include Everton because they did show they can play high tempo football and if they continue and we keep kicking the ball around midfield like we did towards the end games of the season then we’ve in trouble. So for me it really starts with competing with the teams just below us in the style they are now playing. Once we play consist high tempo we can concentrate on the top four.

1 Like

Take your overall point and have more of a worry from Leicester under Rodgers than Everton. Dont have the fire power for me or enough legs to play a high tempo game.

I just hope we are ready for the season who ever plays for us.

Needs to get them hair plugs like Conte now and we get a proper manager.

2 Likes

Sure, his hairline is receding a bit, but that’s a pretty decent head of hair he’s got there. Nothing like as bad as Conte’s was and definitely doesn’t require drastic action lol

9 Likes

I think his hair looks great

3 Likes

97 points secured! :giroud3: