Unai Emery

But still in the mix for the 4th spot.

Which was fair to expect.

Said it repeatedly. The 63 points last season weren’t representative at all.

2 Likes

I’d have OGS in the mix for a token spot then, if you want to have another contender for the sake of it.

2 Likes

Fuck off ya troll :arteta:

1 Like

2 Likes

Pep shouldn’t be a nominee anyone could manage a side that costed a billion pounds to a title. Klopp is the same buying his way to glory.

Yeah I mean with City getting 100 points all those seasons prior to pep coming on board, it proves that any old Tom, Dick and Harry could manage it.

1 Like

Tbf, all the teams in the league have some bums in there. Look at City, that donkey, Otamendi, would be eating chimichurri back in Argentina if it wasn’t for Pep. Liverpool got a handful as well.

Last year was pretty weird. Community Shield winners, League Cup final, Europa League semi finals(knocked by a legitimate UCL contender). We had tremendous home form but unfortunately really atrocious away which left a bad taste. All this with a overwhelming negativity by the community, a cancer in the team and three contracts that were running out(Wilshere there too). If you really think about it, if we were to go a pragmatic route, fighting for a draw and getting a win on a lucky counter in away games it could’ve been a great season, result-wise.

If Emery gets 3rd/4th then he absolutely overachieved and that’s a bravo, well done. Personally thought we would struggle for European football at all early in the season.

Struggle for European football ? You do realise the 7th placed sides only get around 55 points yeah ? For us to get any less than that would be borderline diabolical.

2 Likes

Didn’t like the signs early on, also didn’t expect Chelsea and Man Utd to crumble like cookies. If any of the top spenders outside the top 6 had a quicker transition and gelled faster we would’ve been in trouble.

The fact we could be as poor as we were last season winning only 4 away games and still finishing 14 points inside the European places, meant I never really had any worry that we wouldn’t qualify for some form of European competition.

1 Like

OGS should be in it for me. Turned them round and helped get big players sign contracts for the next few years,
Their in the top 4 race when it looked a distant dream at best. Had wins at Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs draw with Liverpool.

1 Like

You’re literally talking about fifteen people on some bullshit Australian Facebook poll :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

15 out of 22 that have voted so far, 15 out of 21 if you don’t count my vote, I’m embarrassed by that Melbourne Arsenal supporters Facebook group :flushed:.

I can certainly see why I don’t engage with to much conversation in that group.

Lol! He is still miles better than Mustafi and would be first choice here.

Nah, he is as bad if not worse. Look at the donkey with the national team, shows what playing with world class players under a world class manager does to your rep, hiding your deficiencies.

It’s truly entertaining witnessing people like @sevchenko and @Aussiegooner refer to the global Arsenal collective fan base as ‘arsenal fans’, as if they belong to some other collection of fans residing in the HighGround.

1 Like

Technically, we didn’t finish in the European places. It only defaults to 6th every year because city win the league cup.

1 Like