Unai Emery

Our attacking play has suffered in his abscence though, we clearly have to use Kolasinac’s side more.

Also you can’t just assume we would have lost to City and Pool. The 3-5-2 relies heavily on good fullback play. Having one whole side of the pitch hindered makes a massive difference.

Imagine being the opposing left back and knowing you had Litch or AMN on your side instead of Bellerin, you’d automatically be in attack mode rather than having to defend against Bellerin’s runs.

1 Like

We have been vulnerable this whole season on the flanks because the fullbacks bombing forward regardless of 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3. It’s not far fetched at all to think Liverpool and City would have exploited that. Also our record against top six, one of those being away and the general contrast in quality… Come on.

1 Like

Well teams havent really had much trouble with Bellerin in the past. Had poor games against both city and Liverpool in the past.

Thought he’s been back to his best under Emery tbh.

I think you can assume we’d have lost to City & Liverpool away irrespective of the injuries, given our record vs the top 6 away in the last 5 years reads like one of a relegation fodder.

1 Like

Am I right in thinking that the last time we won away to a top 6 rival was when we beat City with the famous Coquelin-Cazorla pivot?

That’s four years ago…

1 Like

If you mean in the league, yeah. We beat Man U at Old Trafford in the FA Cup since then though

Ugh. I remember that match. What a game.

Dat Guy with the goal. Di Maria getting sent off in spectacular fashion for grabbing the ref. That blue shirt with the polo collar. Great memories.

1 Like

Yeah I meant in the league. We’ve also beaten Spurs away in the league Cup since I believe, with Flamini’s world class brace

1 Like

Ok league cup I’ll definitely strike off haha, but I don’t see any reason to not consider that cup win if we’re talking about last time we won away against a big team.

Fuck it, lets totally redefine it and say last time we beat a big team not at home and just say the last time was Chelsea in 2017, after beating City not at home the game before :wenger2:

Yeah but the league is what’s most important and our record in it is appalling lol

if only we could have better finishers and unai could get it into our players how to cross

3 Likes

Lol get Emery playing as a winger

2 Likes

Dat left peg tho

1 Like

Man, it is like 18 yards away?
Who can’t cross without pressure in such close distance???

Iwobi.:wink:

12 Likes

Harsh but true.

1 Like

Played it like 6 times and still can’t tell if that first one was rabona or not.

2 Likes

The dummies in yellow were better than the running ones.

1 Like

Well… kicking a ball in practice is really different from in game situation… even Iwobi is really $hit… :joy: