Unai Emery

Looooool as you can see I’ve been out of it for a while.

1 Like

Think where all glad we havent got a game to fuck this weekend up.

2 Likes

Yeah but you’re assuming that the situation is simply that Emery isn’t giving Ozil a chance. The fact of the matter is that we don’t know what’s going on exactly, and I very much doubt Emery would have wanted this to happen with our star player if he could avoid it. I think it’s likely a reflection on Ozil and his desire to adapt as well.

Well, you said it sir.
Could be anything…

Why not we all just cool down a bit and see what will happen?
Not Emery or Ozil everyday??

With or without Ozil, today’s game is terrible… fact.

%100, and it slightly annoys me when people (not saying you) use Ozil’s absence as an excuse for why we lost anytime we don’t get a result. We’ve won big matches without him as well.

If he had been on the pitch today I’m sure it would’ve suited us more because we had no penetration through the middle, but this side should have won this easily without Ozil.

4 Likes

Exactly.

Seriously, I like Emery but this is getting boring real fast, the players let him down but he chickened out of a match against BATE, ffs. Worse of all, we conceded anyway, what is the point.

1 Like

Ohh and the 66 points. Yeah I’ll have that again. Wenger is gone, rightly so. Emery may not be the right guy, but Wenger sure as hell isnt after that last 4-5 years.

2 Likes

I think this all goes back to what is starting to look like a poor choice of words during his introductory press conference. He mentioned the word “protagonist” which a lot of us took to mean being proactive but he’s actually proven to be a pretty reactive and conservative coach.

I’m not sure if this is a consequence of the squad he inherited or because he’s actually a conservative coach but I still don’t know what kind of soccer he wants us to play. I don’t know if he knows what kind of soccer he wants us to play.

Then you add on all the other drama like Ozil, Ramsey, no money to spend in January and it all starts to look a little grim.

I know there was supposed unanimity among the three guys who picked Emery for the job but I don’t believe that for a second. If we get knocked out of the EL losing at home to BATE and finish in sixth I certainly don’t expect to see him back next year. He was brought in because he had a good track record in the EL which the Board must have thought was an easier and cheaper path than competing in the league. Yes the players let him down tonight but I think there are larger issues, especially when it comes to what we want to do as a team. Sarri is turning into a dumpster fire over at Chelsea but at least everyone knows what he wants to do.

2 Likes

Yep, the way I interpreted that fooled me completely. I have this little theory that he was told to use that word specifically, probably by Ivan. He barely knew more than 10 words in English so I doubt he knew “protagonist”; they probably told him to say that to get the fans excited and we read too much into it.

I will say that I actually wanted a more “conservative” manager, but when the attack is so stunted and the defense isn’t good enough to play a conservative game anyway, it just isn’t working.

This is such a short sighted way of looking at it. Wenger didn’t have the players and idiot fans have been saying he purposely wasn’t spending money. The second he’s gone we can’t even buy anyone we can only loan players, Wenger was clearly not the issue with our penny pinching in the transfer market.

Wenger was delivering the football equivalent of turning water to wine and you Arsenal Pharisees and Sadducees conspired to have the man crucified. Hope you are all happy now 🖒🖒

1 Like

Im not sure the word protagonist is that exciting and am surprised it caused any reaction amongst the fans. Maybe thats just me not really listening or taking in much of PR stuff.

2 Likes

Lol talking about short-sighted… give me a break.

And for the record, I have been showing repeatedly that we aren’t the misers we are played out to be by the fans - at least not in the last 5 years… we just suck at the transfer market.

No disagreement here mate, I knew Wenger had to go.

Reading the news back in December Emery denied his intensive training increased the chance of injuries to his players. Well I don’t know why all our defenders suddenly all became lame ducks. But I think there’s a clue there…

Always some excuse for Emery even with yesterday’s performance.

Who cares about you.

1 Like

No idea why he played with a back 5 against a team that’s not even good enough to play in the championship. We have been crying for chances for weeks leading into this game and we yet again went into the game without a creative midfielder.
Really difficult to understand the thinking or logic behind this other than the manager shamelessly trying to prove a point.

4 Likes

Yep.

You have the blood of footballing Jesus on your hands. May the Lurrd have mercy on ur soul.