Unai Emery

It’s only a free season if we can see what it is he’s trying to do. At this stage it’s notcreally clear.

2 Likes

Emery still needs to show his managing abilities, even it is a “free season”

1 Like

We cant really tell too much as we have zero insides to whats going on at colney. We dont know if its the players too stupid to understand the gameplan or Unai using faulty tactics. Give hime the summer window atleast

1 Like

but he hasnt got the squad he wants or needs to play how he wants to play and is further limited by injuries like holding bellerin and sokratis…hard to play a certain style when we are so imbalanced and have a lot of garbage.

1 Like

Not every manager can have his “own” squad and buy all 23 players to fit him, right?
Playing with a depleted squad, facing injury crisis, disgruntled players, are all managing skills.

I am not sure how “good” Emery can do when he can finally have his players to play under him.
From what we have seen, he doesn’t manage good when things are not smooth.

1 Like

no but emery has none of the squad he wants or would potentially play or utilise maybe barring torriera, all of them were wenger buys or sven buys which doesnt suit what emery would use as such. I reckon that is one of the biggest reason Sven is on the move because he isnt scouting players that the manager would use.

Your right on all of that of course. If somehow we lose to this lot next week them arguments wont wash on a team like this.
This is why next week is so big. He is on a hiding to nothing next week. Overall just football wise we are just fucking boring to watch and endure.
No way if the worse happens next week everyone stays quiet and just waits for summer. He is starting to look fucked here with this squad and a board that simply isnt going to back him anywhere near to what he needs.

IF this is an excuse, they don’t even need to hire Emery at all.

You, me, or anybody can manage because of “free season”.
I don’t have my players and because of injury crisis, don’t judge me.

Sorry, I don’t buy it.
I believe most of us had lowered our expectations on him, as this is his first season, he did not have a chance to build squad… okay okay…

Still, results like today, is not acceptable.
Let’s not forget, communication with players is one of manager’s job.
To sell a player because don’t like him, is not a good job for me.
IF Emery can get a pass from fans/owner because this is his first season, this is also the first season Ozil work under him.

Hate to see double standard.

1 Like

There’s no such thing as a free season. A football club is in continuous evolution, a bad season means less money and worse reputation next season, not being able to attract top players.

A bad season simply worsens the situation the following one. Improvement comes step by step. And one transfer window won’t magically change everything.

At this point, we got to admit that Emery was a bad appointment in hindsight. The club is in a bad spell, and with no clear improvement in sight. We’re seeing some terrible football at the moment.

3 Likes

I think when people say “free season”, they just mean that he’ll get the benefit of the doubt for a year.

It’s probably the wrong choice of words though.

1 Like

How about “benefit of doubt” for Ozil playing for Emery?
Just his first season under Emery, can’t get a “free pass” from manager also?

Ozil has been utterly inconsistent and has failed to deliver when it matters for most of the time he’s been here, it’s totally different.

We have 6 months of Emery to evaluate him on, and we have had 5.5 years of Ozil. Not the same at all.

2 Likes

but he has been given opportunities and he wastes them but then people make excuses for his play…they were doing this under wenger too. Yes he can be brilliant but also he can be dreadful in equal measure so many people were asking for him to be benched last season, now that he is people are upset.

1 Like

I don’t blame you to forget the good games and chances he created for Arsenal and his teammates.

Same old same old here…

New manager, new management, no free pass?

A new manager coming in, without having a season or two to prove yourself and he just say you are not my style, not my cup of tea and frozen you out and banish you. Fair, huh?

That’s why I apply the same logic to Emery.
The amount of time he gives Ozil and judge, the same amount of time I judge him.

Thats pretty much how it works the world over. Loads of players think they were not given a fair chance before being moved on.

I don’t forget them at all. My point is that he’s been inconsistent and has barely delivered enough when the chips have been down.

That is as clear as I can put it.

Don’t care what Luca and Mav or the others say, I see that back three again at the weekend I’m cussing the fuck out of Emery.

Such a bitch move.

3 Likes

Defo wont mate. Got no game.

5 Likes

Nobody said Ozil is consistent.
In the end, he is by far the most intelligent player that we have ATM, ability-wise he is the best 2 or 3.

On the other hand, how consistent Emery as a manager delivering results?

If he can be forgiven by working under a new environment, his players should get the same treatment for playing under a new manager who has new tactics and managing skills.
Working for Wenger is totally different from working for Emery.

Manager needs adaptation time, players do also.

I am not asking to write off Ozil’s past… new manager, new management, so everything should start as new.

We don’t play until the return leg but I can’t imagine he’ll go with it when we’re behind. I’ll be fucking amazed…

1 Like